Chinese Factory Shutdown May Affect Apple Notebook Supplies


Computerworld reports that the Taiwanese company Catcher Technology has had to shut down a factory in due to complaints of a "strange odor" coming from the building. The company manufactures 60% of uni-body aluminum casings for Apple's notebook line. Apple obtains the other 40% of its case supply from Foxconn. Catcher Technology admitted that the shutdown would affect Apple notebook supplies.

"Shipments to our customers will inevitably be affected. We already asked them to make adjustments to their (casings) procurement," Catcher President Allen Horng told a news conference.

There is no information when the plant will resume full operations.

Follow us on Twitter:     

| |


Leave a comment

Written by Svetlana Osipova

Tuesday, October 18, 2011. 16:58

Leave a Reply

You can login with iPhoneRoot account here.