New version of Cydia 1.0.3366-1 is ready
The new version 1.0.3366-1 of Cydia is ready.
Commenting on the release Saurik said:
some of my long term performance plans are 'hitting pay dirt', and Cydia is much faster than it was before; that said, it isn't done yet: there's one more thing that I think is going to make a huge difference that isn't even in there yet but should be for the final release.
This version of Cydia is included in the latest release of RedSn0w, and can also be downloaded as deb file from
Option 1. This is the easiest way.
Add repository http://iphoneroot.com/repo/ to Cydia and install Cydia update package.
To add repository run Cydia. Go to Manage -> Sources. Click Edit (top right corner), after that click Add (top left corner), type http://iphoneroot.com/repo/ and click Add Source button. Then click Return to Cydia and Done button. After that click on iphoneroot.com and you will see available packages, select Cydia and install.
> su root
you will be asked for password, type 'apline' or your password if you've changed the default one.
> wget http://apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs/cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
> dpkg -i cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
That's it you're done.
Option 3. Install OpenSSH and wget via Cydia and connect to your iPhone from your computer via WiFi using putty or other terminal client. Then use the same commands as in (Option 2).
Option 4. Install
ModMyi put together a list of improvements:
- reduced loading changes time
- section remapping optimizations
- faster reloading data
- faster, native search
- uses public SDK classes whenever possible
- rewritten, faster web views with zooming support
- changes badge works again
- more stable webviews (no crashes when queueing)
- redesigned settings page
- redesigned stashing page
- faster scrolling of table views
- bug fixes
- ads no longer break the package views until restart
- much better queueing UI
- stabler refreshing bar
- modal views that cover only a portion of the screen
- less annoying errors with bad internet connections downloading packages
- updated section mappings, less typo'd sections
Follow us on