News tagged ‘Action Menu’
Here is an official changelog:
- No longer allow copying secure text fields
- Add option to disable extended menu support
- Support for launching Birdfeed via the Tweet action
- Remember language in Translate service
- Allow carriage returns in Lookup (for supported services)
- Option to sort Favorites alphabetically
- Translations now work (Italian, German, Japanese, French)
- Additional Support for more apps
- Fix for Facebook crash
- Fix for copying song or album name in iPod app
- Fix biteSMS-button related crashes
- Fix crash when Lookup action is used inside SpringBoard
- Fix Copy All breaking copy in the Photos app
- Fix crash in iTunes password dialog
- Fix for freeze in Fast Notes
- Fix annoying popup on Wifi network/ringtone cells in Preferences
- Revert 1Password to value-only copying
- Prevent Safari freeze when invoking inside a window.prompt (temporary fix)
Some users have already performed jailbeak for firmware 3.1 and faced problems with several Cydia applications. Some work with no problems, others send the iPhone to Safe Mode. Here is a list of compatible and non-compatible apps.
Applications NOT compatible with Firmware 3.1:
Applications partially compatible with Firmware 3.1:
- Cydia (apparently does not show the badge icon when there are updates available)
- SBSettings (everything works except the button "Restart")
- BossPrefs (everything works except the button "Respring")
Applications fully compartible with Firmware 3.1
Action Menu is a new utility that extends traditional Copy / Paste functionality. You can now "Copy All" or add text to a stack ("Favorites") that allows you to paste phrases frequently at any time and in any application.
The application is free but you can also buy an extension pack (costs $2.99) which will add new features, such as:
- History: keep the history of all copied sentences / words / numbers;
- Lookup: find online matches for phone numbers and words, using Google Search, Wikipedia, Dictionary, and Google Translate;
- Tweet: send selected text through a Twitter client installed on your iPhone (currently support Tweetie, Twitterific, Twittelator and TwitterFon).
We found this utility quite useful. It can be installed via Cydia on a jailbreaked iPhone (iPod Touch).