News tagged ‘анлок’
Apple has just released a new firmware version 3.1.2 for all the iPhones and iPod Touches. Weights around 300 MB. Here is the changelog:
This update contains bug fixes and improvements including the following:
- Resolves sporadic issues that may cause iPhone not to wake from sleep
- Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
- Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming
Geohot published new photo, where we can see the file called "ipt3_jailbroken". This means that he was able to unlock the iPod Touch 3G and run the Jailbreak. He said that this the same exploit works with in iPhone 3GS firmware 3.0 and 3.1 native.
It looks like we will see his new tool with classic buttons to run the Jailbreak in 10 seconds quite soon.
DevTeam released PwnageTool 3.1. This utility will allow users of iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch to run jailbreaked firmware 3.1. We still recommend staying on firmware 3.0/3.0.1 for as long as possible. The 3.1 firmware is not worth it. But if you really want 3.1. Here are the details:
- If you are using a 3G iPhone with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a PwnageTool created .ipsw. Never update using Apple's unmodified firmware. Stay away from Apple’s direct updates.
- This version of PwnageTool WILL NOT work for the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G/3G.
- PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.
- It works only with Mac OS X.
- Future releases of PwnageTool and RedSn0w will be soon with more functionality.
Here is per device info:
iPhone 3G (unlocked): This model of iPhone 3G doesn’t have an Service Provider lock (aka factory unlocked) and you are able to put any SIM card into the phone and get service. Your phone is already unlocked so you do not need to worry about baseband updates, simply upgrade to 3.1 using iTunes and then use PwnageTool to create an ipsw and then use this to jailbreak your phone.
iPhone 3G (locked): You need to preserve 3.0 baseband. Create a custom firmware.
iPhone 2G (1st Generation): Use PwnageTool to do the magic and then restore with iTunes using your newly created .ipsw, you don’t need to worry about anything, the baseband will be unlocked, the phone jailbroken.
iPod touch 1G (Original iPod Touch): Use PwnageTool to create a firmware image and restore with that .ipsw using iTunes.
iPod touch 2G: Sorry, no support at this time within PwnageTool, use Redsn0w for an earlier (pre 3.1) firmware release instead.
iPod touch 3G (New iPod Touch): Sorry, no support at this time within PwnageTool.
You can download PwnageTool 3.1 in our utilities page.
There is not much info on that, just a demonstration video uploaded to Qik:
Apple released new iPhone 3.1 and iPod Touch 3.1.1 firmwares. Here is a quick changelog:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
iPhone OS 3.1 is available and is a free download for iPhone customers. iPod Touch users already running iPhone OS 3.0 can update to 3.1.1 for free. iPod Touch users running earlier firmware versions can upgrade to OS 3.1.1 for $4.95.
Users of jailbreaked and unlocked devices - do not update, wait for utilities updates!!
Looks like Apple didn't create any anti-jailbreak system. Good news.
- Download both firmware 3.0 and firmware 3.0.1 (link).
- Download redsn0w 0.8 (link).
- Update or restore to official 3.0.1 in iTunes.
- Run redsn0w.
- When redsn0w asks you to identify the IPSW used, point it at the 3.0 IPSW instead of the 3.0.1 one.
- Follow the instructions.
- After the jailbreak, reinstall ultrasn0w 0.9 if you need the unlock.
Through a message on Twitter we found out that this new version fixes a slight bug that appeared when we turn off Airplane mode. So if you have problems - go ahead and update. The update is also recommended for everybody else.
Apple released new SDK and new firmware and 3.1 beta 2. Unless you have a developer account with Apple, don't plugging your iPhone into iTunes, you're not going to have access to it. However here is an unofficial changelist:
- Minor release focused more to fix the bugs.
- New APIs for video and images. It appears that there will be many applications in AppStore, suitable to apply effects on a video or create animated slideshow.
- Xcode bug-fixes.
- More items have been localized, such as "In Play", "Request access WiFi".
- Developers will be able to use WiFi for debuging, etc.
- Baseband is now version 05:10:01. This means that all those who use unlock - do not update yet.
- The iPhone is heated much less.
- Old method to turn tethering on does not work anymore.
UPDATE: Here are direct links to download firmware 3.1 b2:
Geohot, the creator of purplera1n, has just released his own iPhone 3GS software unlock and named it purplesn0w. Who is purplesn0w for? If you own a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running firmware 3.0 and you want to unlock it to use it with another carrier (T-Mobile only in the USA), then purplesn0w is for you. Are you experiencing wifi/battery/other unlocking problems after using ultrasn0w? Then I highly recommend you try purplesn0w. Geohot says that it’s the best unlock out there.
purplesn0w doesn't run any deamon (resident app) on the iPhone, it just patches three files: CommCenter, lockdownd, and wildcard. You need an activated device in order to use purplesn0w, this is a minus.
Here is how to install purplesn0w:
- Make sure you have an activated iPhone 3GS. If you have T-Mobile make sure you disable 3G in the settings.
- Open Cydia, and add http://apt.geohot.com to your sources
- Install the com.geohot.purplesn0w package
- Watch for the success output in Cydia
- Reboot your iPhone 3GS
Once you have followed the steps above, your iPhone 3GS should be unlocked.
Update: Geohot has also posted technical details of purplesn0w
Now everyone will know that the DevTeam and GeoHot are no longer in good terms and in fact shortly after the release of Redsn0w 0.8, the tool to run the jailbreak of Firmawre 3.0, there were many discussions on Twitter between GeoHot and copumpkin, one of the DevTeam members.
GeoHot complained that redsn0w uses the same "hole" and the same exploit to run the iPhone 3GS Jailbreak, copumpkin said that the flaw was the same but the exploit was completely different and created entirely by them. Not trusting, GeoHot asked repeatedly Hash codes (the identity) for the files needed to run the exploit and said that it had not been a good idea to release two programs that use the same "hole" (stealing?).
GeoHot also said, that redsn0w has problems (which is true, some users have reported problems) and so he plans to release a new better version of Purplera1n. It will probably will also unlock the iPhone.
Avaliable in Cydia, repo: repo666.ultrasn0w.com
Here are quick instructions:
- Ensure you have firmware 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone using redsn0w (this will also install Cydia)
- Run Cydia
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
- If you have any problems reset your network settings (it helped many users): Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings
- iPhone 2G - jailbreak and unlock
- iPhone 3G - jailbreak, use ultrasn0w for unlock
- iPod Touch - jailbreak
- iPod Touch 2G - jailbreak
- iPod Touch 3GS - jailbreak, use ultrasn0w (version 0.8 and higher) for unlock
You should use it instead of purplera1n tool to jailbreak and activate iPhones and iPods.
- resolves compatibility issues related to PPC (Mac OS X)
- adds Icy