News tagged ‘анлок’
DevTeam just released PwnageTool 3.1.4. It allows users to jailbreak firmware 3.1.2 on iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod Touch 1G/2G. It also supports OTB iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.1.x. We remind you that if you need unlock, do not update on regular 3.1.x firmware, use Pwnagetool to create custom firmware to preserve old baseband.
Here is a quick howto:
- Factory Unlocked iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS: You do not need unlock, just use PwnageTool to create an ipsw and then use this to update and jailbreak your phone.
- iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS: if you need unlock, use PwnageTool to create a custom firmware with an old baseband. Then update using created custom firmware and install ultrasw0w via Cydia to unlock.
- iPhone 2G: Use PwnageTool to do the magic and then restore with iTunes using your newly created .ipsw.The baseband will be unlocked, the phone jailbroken.
- iPod Touch 1G: Use PwnageTool to create a firmware image and restore with that .ipsw using iTunes.
- iPod Touch 2G: You must already be jailbroken in order to use PwnageTool. If so, create a firmware image and restore with that .ipsw using iTunes.
- iPod Touch 3G: No support yet.
You can download PwnageTool 3.1.4 here.
There is only a MAC version of PwnageTool. DevTeam doesn't plan to create Windows version.
MuscleNerd, a member of the Dev-Team, has announced via twitter the release of the new version of PwnageTool.
The software will be able to create a custom firmware 3.1.2 to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch and iPod Touch 2G. As stated everything would be ready soon and the tests performed were positive.
MuscleNerd, the member of Dev-Team, created a nice post on twitter saying that ultrasn0w, the program that lets you unlock the iPhone 3G/3GS, functions just great with firmware 3.1.2. However you need to preserve baseband 04.26.08.
So the Dev-Team is working on new version of PwnageTool. Here is a screenshot that shows the new firmware and the old baseband:
GeoHot released blackra1n. blackra1n is a 30 second ALL device firmware 3.1.2 jailbreak. There is even supports for iPod Touch 3G jailbreak. For now there is only a version for Windows, but the Mac version should be released soon (UPDATE: Mac version is ready)
Download blackra1n utility
Warning iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS unlockers, do not upgrade to firmware 3.1.2 using iTunes, if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded.
PS: Blackra1n doesn't hacktivate the device.
Apple has just released a new firmware version 3.1.2 for all the iPhones and iPod Touches. Weights around 300 MB. Here is the changelog:
This update contains bug fixes and improvements including the following:
- Resolves sporadic issues that may cause iPhone not to wake from sleep
- Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart
- Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming
Also, the iPhone OS 3.1.2 update for iPhone in U.S. is accompanied by an update to AT&T's carrier settings file, which brings the settings to version 5.6.
You can download firmware 3.1.2 here or via iTunes. We strongly recommend users who want jailbreak or unlock NOT to upgrade, just wait for new utilities.
Geohot published new photo, where we can see the file called "ipt3_jailbroken". This means that he was able to unlock the iPod Touch 3G and run the Jailbreak. He said that this the same exploit works with in iPhone 3GS firmware 3.0 and 3.1 native.
It looks like we will see his new tool with classic buttons to run the Jailbreak in 10 seconds quite soon.
DevTeam released PwnageTool 3.1. This utility will allow users of iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch to run jailbreaked firmware 3.1. We still recommend staying on firmware 3.0/3.0.1 for as long as possible. The 3.1 firmware is not worth it. But if you really want 3.1. Here are the details:
- If you are using a 3G iPhone with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a PwnageTool created .ipsw. Never update using Apple's unmodified firmware. Stay away from Apple’s direct updates.
- This version of PwnageTool WILL NOT work for the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G/3G.
- PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.
- It works only with Mac OS X.
- Future releases of PwnageTool and RedSn0w will be soon with more functionality.
Here is per device info:
iPhone 3G (unlocked): This model of iPhone 3G doesn’t have an Service Provider lock (aka factory unlocked) and you are able to put any SIM card into the phone and get service. Your phone is already unlocked so you do not need to worry about baseband updates, simply upgrade to 3.1 using iTunes and then use PwnageTool to create an ipsw and then use this to jailbreak your phone.
iPhone 3G (locked): You need to preserve 3.0 baseband. Create a custom firmware.
iPhone 2G (1st Generation): Use PwnageTool to do the magic and then restore with iTunes using your newly created .ipsw, you don’t need to worry about anything, the baseband will be unlocked, the phone jailbroken.
iPod touch 1G (Original iPod Touch): Use PwnageTool to create a firmware image and restore with that .ipsw using iTunes.
iPod touch 2G: Sorry, no support at this time within PwnageTool, use Redsn0w for an earlier (pre 3.1) firmware release instead.
iPod touch 3G (New iPod Touch): Sorry, no support at this time within PwnageTool.
You can download PwnageTool 3.1 in our utilities page.
The Chronic Dev Team is currently working on a new project called "GreenPois0n". It will unlock and jailbreak the new iPod Touch 3G.
There is not much info on that, just a demonstration video uploaded to Qik:
Apple released new iPhone 3.1 and iPod Touch 3.1.1 firmwares. Here is a quick changelog:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
iPhone OS 3.1 is available and is a free download for iPhone customers. iPod Touch users already running iPhone OS 3.0 can update to 3.1.1 for free. iPod Touch users running earlier firmware versions can upgrade to OS 3.1.1 for $4.95.
Users of jailbreaked and unlocked devices - do not update, wait for utilities updates!!
This information is for those who are worried about not being able to run the iPhone Jailbreak with the new operating system Snow Leopard. Dev Team said that RedSn0w and PwnageTool works perfectly.
Looks like Apple didn't create any anti-jailbreak system. Good news.
- Download both firmware 3.0 and firmware 3.0.1 (link).
- Download redsn0w 0.8 (link).
- Update or restore to official 3.0.1 in iTunes.
- Run redsn0w.
- When redsn0w asks you to identify the IPSW used, point it at the 3.0 IPSW instead of the 3.0.1 one.
- Follow the instructions.
- After the jailbreak, reinstall ultrasn0w 0.9 if you need the unlock.
The Dev-Team, after a little advice last night, has released an updated for ultrasn0w, the tool that provides unlock for the iPhone 3G and 3GS.
Through a message on Twitter we found out that this new version fixes a slight bug that appeared when we turn off Airplane mode. So if you have problems - go ahead and update. The update is also recommended for everybody else.
Avaliable in Cydia, repository http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com.
Apple released new SDK and new firmware and 3.1 beta 2. Unless you have a developer account with Apple, don't plugging your iPhone into iTunes, you're not going to have access to it. However here is an unofficial changelist:
- Minor release focused more to fix the bugs.
- New APIs for video and images. It appears that there will be many applications in AppStore, suitable to apply effects on a video or create animated slideshow.
- Xcode bug-fixes.
- More items have been localized, such as "In Play", "Request access WiFi".
- Developers will be able to use WiFi for debuging, etc.
- Baseband is now version 05:10:01. This means that all those who use unlock - do not update yet.
- The iPhone is heated much less.
- Old method to turn tethering on does not work anymore.
UPDATE: Here are direct links to download firmware 3.1 b2:
Geohot, the creator of purplera1n, has just released his own iPhone 3GS software unlock and named it purplesn0w. Who is purplesn0w for? If you own a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running firmware 3.0 and you want to unlock it to use it with another carrier (T-Mobile only in the USA), then purplesn0w is for you. Are you experiencing wifi/battery/other unlocking problems after using ultrasn0w? Then I highly recommend you try purplesn0w. Geohot says that it’s the best unlock out there.
purplesn0w doesn't run any deamon (resident app) on the iPhone, it just patches three files: CommCenter, lockdownd, and wildcard. You need an activated device in order to use purplesn0w, this is a minus.
Here is how to install purplesn0w:
- Make sure you have an activated iPhone 3GS. If you have T-Mobile make sure you disable 3G in the settings.
- Open Cydia, and add http://apt.geohot.com to your sources
- Install the com.geohot.purplesn0w package
- Watch for the success output in Cydia
- Reboot your iPhone 3GS
Once you have followed the steps above, your iPhone 3GS should be unlocked.
Update: Geohot has also posted technical details of purplesn0w