News tagged ‘beta’
After a few days of iOS 7 beta 1 testing, I must admit that I am about to switch to an Android device.
IMHO, this version of iOS is the worst move Apple did in a long time.
I am pretty disappointed by the features I've seen in iOS 7. No revolution here. No big news. Just kid painting.
You can watch the testing on the video below. Keep in mind that iOS 7 is first a beta which isn’t yet fully optimized. The results are still pretty close which for all of the improvements seems to be a pretty sweet deal.
It's currently possible update to iOS 7 beta without having your iPhone's UDID registered in an Apple developer account.
To perform the update you must get a hold of the iOS 7 ipsw, press and hold the Option key (Shift for Windows) and click Update in iTunes. Select the iOS 7 ipsw from the popup window to install.
It's unclear why this is working. Only iPhone devices registered by developers are supposed to be able to install beta firmware. Perhaps Apple took down this check since its servers are being flooded at the moment.
Apple has posted the first beta of iOS 7 for developers to download.
The build number is 11A4372q and firmware is available for the iPhone 5 (Model A1428), iPhone 5 (Model A1429), iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A), iPhone 4 (GSM), iPhone 4 (CDMA), iPod touch (5th generation).
Developers can download the beta from
Newly leaked information about iOS 7 reveals that in addition to a flat design, Apple is also going to be updating the text and graphics in the operating system with a 'skinny' look.
9to5Mac's Seth Weintraub says he's seen an early beta of the operating system but can't post the images because they're watermarked.
● iTunes is Purple-ish with white (iSync-like arrows instead of a music note).
● Camera is Gray gradient and icon is same shape as you see on the lock screen.
● Facetime is like it used to be without the gray. and flat.
● Compass icon is darker and flatter.
● Safari icon is like the Mac circle icon without the silver frame.
● Photos icon is a color wheel.
● Game Center is similar to the photos icon – totally different than before.
● Maps gets walking directions.
● Grouped tableviews now extend to the edges of the screen.
● Rounded rectangles are more squared off.
● Updated share menu with sideways scrolling rows featuring one row with Airdrop devices, one row with social networks, and another with copy/paste/etc.
According to a
iOS 6.1.3 Beta 2 includes a security fix for a Lock screen bug and the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
● Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
● Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
● Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
● Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
● Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
● Updated freeway color to green
● Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
● Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
You can get the new build (10B318) from the
Apple has released iOS 6.1.1 beta to developers. It’s only been a week since Apple released iOS 6.1 to the public. And it's just 48 hours after the iOS 6.x evasi0n jailbreak was released. Release notes indicate maps improvement and some other optimization. well, we understand that the main purpose of iOS 6.1.1 is probably to fix vulnerabilities used by envasi0n jailbreak.
MuscleNerd already commented via twitter:
6.1.1 beta is already out to developers! Obviously stay away from that.
The official evasi0n 6.1 jailbreak: http://evasi0n.com -- Check regularly for updates! #evasi0n
The site currently indicates the following status:
After iOS 6.1 Beta 5 for developer’s release, Apple has just added iOS 6.1 for public. This update includes support for new LTE connectivity and purchasing Siri -based tickets to the cinema through Fandango, much as individual downloads of songs in iTunes Match and a new button ' reset ' to track advertising.
"This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
Apple has seeded a new beta of iOS 6.1 to developers for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It was widely expected that Apple would release either a GM or a fifth beta this weekend since the current fourth beta for 6.1 expires on Monday.
"For your information and this is important to me that everybody knows about it also, this jailbreak will be @planetbeing and @pimskeks. I arrived at the end, gave ideas that pushed them to their maximum, I kinda unblocked the situation, but it would certainly have happened without me helping."