News tagged ‘Cydia’
Saurik had finished the bundle of Cydia for QuickPwn, working on Firmware 3.0. This includes major packages and extensions, like Mobile Substrate. Cydia for 3.0 will be ready before 3.0 firmware's release.
The first will add $999.99 to our account. The second one will add $5M and release the two most powerful cars: the Porsche Carrera GT and Pagani Zonda F. To download this package (we recommend to put one and not both), you must add the following repository in Cydia (Manage > Sources > Edit > Add): iphone.org.hk/apt/
You can sale and rent some good real estate in spain on en.atlanta-rea.com.
- fixed problems with directions in Japanese,
- the speed is improved,
- awaiting between notification sound and voice guidance decreased,
- the voice of xgps now works even if the iPhone is in Silent mode,
- added new features that let you zoom with a double tap on the map (it does not work yet) and to zoom out with a triple tap on the screen (this should work),
- several bugs fixed,
- the display of the StatusBar is correced,
- displaying the wrong direction bug fixed,
- the interaction with the user interface is improved.
This software is for iPhone 3G users who upgraged to 2.2.1 firmware, but still need yellowsnow unlock. Yellowsnow doesn't work with 2.2.1 firmware's 02.30.03 baseband. So we need to downgrade it to version 02.28.00, that was used in 2.2 firmware. To downgrade it you need this software, that you can install via Cydia. It is very easy to use. Just download it from Cydia (called 3G BaseBand Downgrage), open the app and click Go.
The 3G Baseband Downgrade just works on iPhones 3G with Bootloader 5.8, that can be detected using minicom. If you don’t know how to use minicom, there’s a “simple” way to know if you are 5.8 or 5.9 (but this is not 100% sure). If your iPhone was manufactured before September (2008), you are 5.8. Otherwise, you are 5.9 (that can’t be downgraded).
Saurik made available the "display" of Cydia through the browser of your computer. Just type the address
- Rock Extensions
If you have these apps and problems with Skype, uninstall them and wait for release updates for them.
- If Skype crashes when trying to input text: Disable both Clippy (Use SBSettings toggle) and any custom Winterboard sounds relating to the keyboard tick (tock.aiff).
- If Skype crashes within 1 minute of having the app open: Update app called mobile substrate in Cydia. Uninstalling mobile substrate also fixes the problem, but you will lose features such as winterboard and sbsettings.
UPDATE: Many users report that Skype works fine with the latest version of Clippy (0.98-2) without the need to turn the latter off.
Clippy is an iPhone addition for copy/paste functionality. It was updated to version 0.98. There are significant improvements that make the application much more stable, and moreover it is important to note that starting from now, Clippit becomes a completely free.
Changelog for 0.98: March 29, 2009:
This is a new product from RipDev Team (the creators of Instealler). Icy works with APT packages, just like Cydia. Packages installed in Cydia will be seen in Ice ands vice versa. You can install Icy via Cydia (repository http://apt.ripdev.com) or via Installer (category System).
The original Wolfenstein is now available for free for the . You need to jailbreak your phone to get in on the fun. The game is truly a classic. This is a first-person shooter in which we should govern our character among many doors and endless mazes. The controls are "fairly" good, based solely on the touch screen.
Wolf3D avaliable from Cydia, repository ZodTTD.