News tagged ‘прошивка’
The main purpose is bug fixing. Many applications work faster. Here is the list of changes:
- Drag an app icon across multiple pages in one motion, rather than having to drag it, drop it, pick it up again and drag it over to next page, and repeat.
- Contacts are now more responsive.
- Backup is much faster.
- Apple may have changed the calibration of the iPhone's reception "bars" while connected to a 3G network to reflect a stronger signal than before.
- Keypad loads quicker.
- Screen rotation in Safari appears to be smoother.
- Some apps may ask to be updated after the firmware upgrade.
- SMS typing faster.
- Google Apps works faster.
- Netshare still works (for those who use it).
- Works with iPod.
- Multimedia content is kept after update.
- No Support from Pwnage and WinPwn. If you update you'll loose unlock and jailbreak.
WebSearch is a very handy app that saves lots of time especially on slow networks.
Consider normal use of the web on say EDGE. You pull up a web page, you have to wait for it to load. You then get to the search page, wait for it to load, type in your search, wait for it to load. With websearch, you program in search criteria (based on firefox’s “add a keyword search”) and then you just click the search for the site, type the search string, and wait only one time for the search page to loa with results.
IRCm is a GUI-based Internet Relay Chat client for the Apple iPhone, by Chris Lott (aka pogi) and Nicholas Penree (aka drudge). The app is pretty rough, but for the most part works as it did on 1.1.4.
It is the first and only GUI iRC client for iPhone 2.0. Note: this is ported from SVN 36 in googlecode.
Winterboard for firmware 2.0 provides some of the functionality that SummerBoard provided. However it looks like it will be much much more in the near future. Currently the settings dialog just allows you to select your theme, but you can expect this to be expanded in the future. (Note: the configuration GUI is not done yet).
At the release of Winterboard, many themes were also released into Cydia. All of our Summerboard themes are now available for use.
Winterboard does more than SummerBoard. It will theme many more elements of your UI. You can theme the battery images and other graphics. There is support for theming inside of .artwork files. It will open the door for themes to become full iPhone themes changing the color of your alerts, graphics in apps, and all sorts of amazing things!
BossPrefs is updated today to v2.0.6b for firmware 2.0 only. This version adds some new features for hiding icons. This paves the way for Categories which BossPrefs developer plans to implement soon. Here are the formal changes:
- Added missing file needed to detect running state of custom services.
- Redid hidden icons GUI.
- Added ability to hide appstore apps now.
- Redid how icons are hidden. 2.0’s restrictions mechanism is used now to hide icons. This means that hidden icons no longer show up again on an upgrade of a package. The downside is, if you ever disable restrictions in the settings menu, (or enable it then disable it) all your icons will be visible again and you will have to hide them again. Note you should update poof (if you installed this) also. The two apps must be in sync if both used or hidden icons from one may not be able to be unhidden from the other.
- Mail app crashing on 2.0? There is a solution
- BossPrefs - 3G toggle is easy
- BossPrefs for 2.0 firmware
The software is pretty good. We like the App Store a lot; it adds a boatload of new functionality to the iPhone. But it's certainly not perfect. Having used it for a few weeks, we've discovered a number of little quirks that we really hope are addressed in the upcoming update. From bugs to missing features, here are ten things that would make the iPhone a much more attractive device.
1. Make it Less Crashy
The iPhone with 2.0 software feels a little… buggy. It'll randomly crash or slow down to the point of unusability until you restart every few days with normal use. That's not right; this is a cellphone. It shouldn't feel like an unstable computer.
"This is the second beta of the iPhone SDK targeting iPhone OS 2.1, including bug fixes to iPhone OS as well as an early implementation of the Apple Push Notification Service API. This API is not yet integrated with a live push server."
- Theme Browser: you can download them directly from this application, no ssh as before.;
- Elements of themes can be used partially (just sounds, foe example);
- User themes can be downloaded through the web site.
Install through Cydia. Source: Hack&Dev Team Source.
This video walkthrough of MagicPad, a rich text editor app that is still pending acceptance into the iPhone (at the 1:00 mark). Of course, SDK limitations keep the functionality quarantined within MagicPad itself, but its developers, Proximi, hope to use it as a case study for pushing forward one of the iPhone software's most wanted features., is notable for showing the first working copy and paste framework on the
So far Pwnage has worked for 1.1.4, all eight (!) 2.0 betas, 2.0 itself, and now 2.1 beta1.
DevTeam posted a new interesting screenshot. They successfully downgraded modem firmware. This is not an unlock (yet), but it is a good illustration of the first progress made with regard to hacking the 3G baseband. They accomplished this by being able to execute their own code on the baseband that allows to circumvent security checks and flash the baseband with older, disallowed firmware. Please note this has been accomplished using software only, the iPhone 3G has not been disassembled or hardware modified in any way.
220.127.116.11 fixes the Ipwner crash problem and 16xx errors. It will also fix the iPod ipswBuilder failure bug.
- Support for WinXP and Vista 32/64bit. Note Windows 2003/2008 server (Yes SERVER) are not supported neither is Windows 95 or Windows 3.11
- You MUST do a full uninstall of winpwn before installing the new version
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
- WinPwn uses 300MB of ram at peak due to the ipsw being extracted in memory
- You must first click browse and load an IPSW to use WinPwn (i thought this was clear)
- For 2.0 only the *5A347_Restore.ipsw files are valid. The 345 image will not work
- If you see Failed to load image catalog/payload catalog, this is fine and won't cause problems
- If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix
- Cydia/XP/Writing root FS bug.
- Failed to remove ipsw directory after a ipswBuild failure.
- iPwner now only accepts custom ipsws.
- Remove 345 ipsw support. WinPwn only supports 347 2.0 ipsw's.
- Various other fixes.
Is your mail crashing on 2.0 firmware?
This is generally caused after syncing your backup. This has nothing to do with jailbreaking or not. However, the fix for it is simple and is part of a jailbreak. The issue is that after syncing your backup, your mail folder is owned by root and your mail app running as user mobile does not have permissions to access it. You can fix it in SSH. But I also added a button in BossPrefs to solve it.
Step 1:Jailbreak your device
Step 2: Install BossPrefs from Cydia
Step 3: Tap “more”
Step 4: Tap “Fix User Dir Permissions”
Step 5: Sometimes, not always, you will need to load settings and reenter your mail passwords.
Some curious developer found the following within the English-language 'Localizable.strings' file located in 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit.framework':
Therefore, it's unclear whether those references represent the groundwork for upcoming iPhone features or simply exists as carryovers from the WebKit frameworks used to develop applications for the Mac and Windows PCs.