News tagged ‘iTunes 9’
It may have happened in a later iTunes 9 update, but iTunes 10 definitely includes a very helpful update. Plug in any iOS device, iPhones included, and you can play its music or videos without having to make a tricky sync.
iTunes' habit of insisting that every new iPod or iPhone plugged in must be a new purchase that you want to sync to your Library—and therefore wipe out all media on the device—was among the worst of its habits. In iTunes 10, and perhaps some up-to-date iTunes 9 versions, you can now plug in an iOS device, tell iTunes to Cancel the sync request, and from there on out simply play music or movies off whatever device you have plugged in through that iconic white cable.
- Disables older versions of some incompatible third-party plug-ins
- Addresses minor issues with dragging and dropping items
- Addresses a performance issue when first syncing to some devices with iTunes 9.2
- Addresses an issue upgrading to iOS 4 on an iPhone or iPod touch with encrypted back-ups
- Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance
You can download iTunes 9.2.1
Because of an upcoming iOS 4 and iPhone 4 Apple released new version of iTunes which has a number of significant improvements that listed below:
- Synchronizing with iPhone 4;
- Synchronizing and reading ebooks with iPod touch or iPhone with iBooks 1.1 and iOS 4;
- Synchronizing and reading PDF documents as books in iBooks 1.1;
- Organizing apps into folders on iOS 4 home screen via iTunes;
- Improved back-up speed while syncing an iPod touch or iPhone with iOS4;
- Improved artwork appearing speed when exploring media library.
For those who can legitimately activate to the iPhone3G 4.0GM seed, the “point to previous IPSW” redsn0w trick works and will jailbreak your 4.0GM. The “trick” is to point redsn0w at the 4.0beta4 IPSW instead of 4.0GM (do this after you've updated to 4.0GM and activated through the new iTunes 9.2 on your Mac). Since the carrier unlocks aren't yet supported at 4.0, don't do this if you use yellowsn0w/ultrasn0w/blacksn0w. Many JB apps are still pretty buggy in 4.0, so again this is mostly useful only for developers of those JB apps.
Note: If you're experiencing MobileSafari crashes, double check that you're running the version at the bottom of this page.
For those without legit iPhone3G 4.0GM seed access, please wait until the full public 4.0 release for updates to the jailbreak tools.
- Addressing some issues that improve stability and performance.
- Addressing a usability issue with VoiceOver and Genius Mixes;
- Addressing several stability issues with VoiceOver;
- Addressing issues with converting songs to 128 kbps AAC while syncing (this function was previously available only for iPod shuffle)
Yesterday iTunes update was found to have issues with those of iPod Touches and iPhones that were tethered jailbroken with blackRa1n. If you have one of these, you will be unable to rejailbreak your device after rebooting it with blackra1n. The problem is being experienced only by Windows users. iH8Sn0w has an explanation:
"Blackra1n hooks to the dll that has different offsets of what it is actually looking for".
Yesterday Apple released iTunes 9.1. With a new version you can sync with your iPad to enjoy music, TV shows, movies and many more while you're on the go. The app will help you to organize and synchronize books that have been downloaded from iBooks on your iPad. The improvements also include more freedom in managing Genius Mixes and several security updates. To learn more visit Apple
To update your iTunes select Software Update in the Apple Menu at the top left of the screen.
Yesterday Apple updated iTunes version to 9.0.3.
First of all, now the app can finally remember your password while you're making your purchases. Also some problems with syncing Podcasts and Smart Playlists with iPod were solved. An update contains some improvements in stability and performance. Also it fixes a few minor issues and bugs.
Apple just released an update to iTunes, bringing the latest version to 9.0.2.
You can download iTunes
Apple today announced financial results for the fourth fiscal quarter (third calendar quarter) of 2009. Apple posted revenue of $9.87 billion and net quarterly profit of $1.67 billion, or $1.82 per diluted share, compared to revenue of $7.9 billion and net quarterly profit of $1.14 billion, or $1.26 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 36.6 percent, compared to 34.7 percent in the year-ago quarter, and international sales accounted for 46 percent of the quarter's revenue.
Conference Call Notes
Read the rest of this entry »
- Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
- Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
- Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
- Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
- Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
- Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
- Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.
Jailbreak'ers - do not worry, everything works just fine.
iFunBox is a Windows application to easily access iPhone file system. It allows you to manage the iPhone and the various folders via a USB connection. With iFunxBox you can transfer files or music to the iPhone or copy pictures and video from it on your PC without using an SSH connection.
Here is a download
Apple released new iPhone 3.1 and iPod Touch 3.1.1 firmwares. Here is a quick changelog:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
iPhone OS 3.1 is available and is a free download for iPhone customers. iPod Touch users already running iPhone OS 3.0 can update to 3.1.1 for free. iPod Touch users running earlier firmware versions can upgrade to OS 3.1.1 for $4.95.
Users of jailbreaked and unlocked devices - do not update, wait for utilities updates!!
Apple has traditionally held media-focused keynote event each September to introduce new iTunes features and iPod updates:
- 2008: "Let's Rock" - iTunes 8 and new iPod touch, nano, and shuffle models.
- 2007: "The Beat Goes On" - original iPod touch, updates to the iPod line, iTunes 7.4 update, iPhone price drops.
- 2006: "It's Showtime" - iTunes 7 and iPod updates, Apple TV.
- 2005: "Here We Go Again" - Motorola ROKR mobile phone with iTunes support, the release of iTunes 5, introduction of the original iPod nano to replace the iPod mini.