News tagged ‘Japan’
This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
● Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the passcode and access the Phone app
● Improvements to Maps in Japan
You can update in iTunes or directly on your iDevice. If you use jailbreak or unlock, do not update! iOS 6.1.3 is not jailbreakable.
iOS 6.1.3 Beta 2 includes a security fix for a Lock screen bug and the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
● Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
● Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
● Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
● Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
● Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
● Updated freeway color to green
● Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
● Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
You can get the new build (10B318) from the
Apple has released iOS 6.1.1 beta to developers. It’s only been a week since Apple released iOS 6.1 to the public. And it's just 48 hours after the iOS 6.x evasi0n jailbreak was released. Release notes indicate maps improvement and some other optimization. well, we understand that the main purpose of iOS 6.1.1 is probably to fix vulnerabilities used by envasi0n jailbreak.
MuscleNerd already commented via twitter:
6.1.1 beta is already out to developers! Obviously stay away from that.
Reuters reports that Sharp, one of the major partners that produce displays for Apple`s mobile devices, has reduced the production of displays for iPad at one of its plants. Sources do not indicate the reasons for the dramatic reduction, but it seems to be a combination of decreasing consumer interest to the iPad mini and the natural seasonal downturn.
Apple today announced that celluar version of the iPad mini Wi-Fi and fouth-generation iPad will appear in China this Friday. The iPad mini and the new iPad are now available in more than 100 countries.
Today Brian White, analyst from Topeka Capital Markets, released a new report based on information obtained from sources at CES currently held in Las Vegas.
In the recent days the flurry of Apple television rumors does not subside. Apple's CEO Tim Cook gave brief comments in the interview at Rock Center last week, The Wall Street Journal reports that Apple is really testing samples of future television production. A bit is added to the existing rumor, but there seems to be that a work is in progress and the subject remains topical.
Apple has already begun accepting orders for its new iMac models in the
Apple is hiring new team members to help make Siri available in Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish, according to a company job posting.
Apple’s official list of currently supported languages and availability by country for Siri is below:
Earlier we heard reports that Apple didn’t use Sharp’s IGZO display tech in the iPad 3 because Sharp’s technology was not ready in time. According to