In January, a number of Apple employees’ Mac devices have been hacked after visiting a popular iPhoneDevSDK forum. The employees from Facebook and, probably, dozens of other companies have also been attacked by the hacker. The site's owner, Ian Sefferman, has provided some limited details about what happened in his blog.
Lower is better, so the iPhone 5 with the score of 914.7ms outstripped all other devices measured in the test. Moreover, it is the fastest SunSpider test for a smartphone they have ever recorded. The new iPhone is more than twice as fast as the iPhone 4S that scored 2250ms and significantly faster than the Galaxy S III that scored 1442.9-1824.9ms.
Today Google announced that it is launching a version of Google Chrome browser for the iPad and iPhone. The company says this version will be available on the App Store later in the day. Last month analyst from Macquarie Ben Schacter predicted that Google Chrome browser was coming to iOS.
When you download and install iOS 6.0 Beta 2 OTA the Settings icon animates. Take a look:
Here's a quick tutorial:
1. Simply bookmark any webpage and name it Firebug.
2. Edit the bookmark and change the url to:
3. Now when visiting a page you can just launch the bookmark to run Firebug.
Third-party Dolphin Browser app has become very popular among Android users and has been downloaded nearly 9 million times. As TechCrunch
The iOS version has most of the features that made this app so popular among users of Android devices. They are convenient sidebar for quick access to bookmarks, built-in translations, customizable gestures, tabbed browsing, speed dial and more. It should be noted that Dolphin is based on Apple’s WebKit, as well as other third-party browser available on the App Store, default Safari app, and majority of browsers for smartphones.
This browser has some main competitors like Opera and several smaller competitors like SkyFire that are steadily gaining popularity among iOS users.
Android users will find out that add-ons are absent from the version for iOS devices, as iPhone’s technical limitation doesn’t allow using native application add-ons. These add-ons are mainly used to change the look and feel of the browser. However,
This was the only
Renee Armstrong couldn’t get at the wedding’s place and decided to use her white iPad and FaceTime service to attend it virtually. The bridesmaid stood by for the wedding ceremony and managed to get into the wedding’s photos as the groomsman always held the iPad in the public eye.
Journalist Matt Warman from The Daily Telegraph has recently
"In the PC world, with fewer ways of differentiating HP’s products from our competitors, we became number one. In the tablet world we’re going to become better than number one. We call it number one plus."
This Friday Apple has released a second update for Preview 2 of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. A 1.22GB download is recommended for all users running Mac OS X 10 Lion Developer Preview 2 and is available via Software Update. The version of the latest build is reportedly 11A444d.
So what's new?
Read the rest of this entry »
Apple just released new iOS 4.3 firmware. Jailbreakers and unlockers should wait for new tools. Everybody else will benefit. iOS 4.3 has Safari speed improvements, AirPlay features, hotspot, Home sharing, a new option for customizing the iPad's side switch to serve as a mute toggle or screen orientation lock and much more:
This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
* Personal Hotspot
- Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
* iTunes Home Sharing
- Play music, movies, and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
* New AirPlay features
- Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
- Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
* HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
* Ping features
- Push notifications for comments and follow requests
- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
- Parental controls
* New Settings
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
* Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
* Bug fixes
Products compatible with the software update:
iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 4 Verizon do not have iOS 4.3 update.
Here are the direct links to download iOS 4.3:
|AppleTV(2G) (AppleTV2,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPad (iPad1,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPad2,1 (iPad2,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPad2,2 (iPad2,2)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPad2,3 (iPad2,3)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPhone3GS (iPhone2,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPhone4 (iPhone3,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPodTouch(3G) (iPod3,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPodTouch(4G) (iPod4,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
As for iPad 2, it is more powerful, it is over 50% faster than the previous iPad.