News tagged ‘mms’
Engineers at Nanyang Technological University have developed a revolutionary new camera sensor that is a thousand times more sensitive than the ones currently on the market, reports Science Daily. The sensor is made from graphene and is apparently the first that can detect broad spectrum light from the visible to mid-infrared with high photoresponse or sensitivity.
Graphene is a million times smaller than the thickest human hair (only one-atom thick) and is made of pure carbon atoms arranged in a honeycomb structure. It is known to have a high electrical conductivity among other properties such as durability and flexibility.
The popular messaging app, WhatsApp, has been made free for a limited time only. Grab it while you can, before it goes to the normal $0.99 price.
WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform smartphone messenger currently available for iPhone and other smartphones. The application utilizes push notifications to instantly get messages from friends, colleagues and family. Switch from SMS to exchange messages, pictures, audio notes and video messages with WhatsApp users at no cost. All features are included without the need for extra in-application purchases.
Smartphones can be useful for doing many things, especially for management of personal information. If you regularly deal with business cards, you likely found specialized applications that allow you to effortlessly scan any business card to create a new contact entry on your device. The App Store has dozens of such apps as iPhone’s
Features of new Cydia will include:
- the ability to run and operate Activator, libstatusbar, and SimulatedKeyEvents while Cydia is running
- an overall speed improvement, including the “Loading Changes” dialog
- “much less” memory usage
- a more advanced search mechanism with a new relevancy algorithm
- better management of broken repositories
Here is a full changelog discussion from Saurik:
New JailbreakMe users should simply proceed normally. The new version will not remove FaceTime or MMS from the iPhone.
One of the main features of the iPhone 4 is the ability to record HD-video in 720 p. However, users have discovered that in order to get the video off the iPhone you have to connect the device to the computer and download the file. There are simpler solutions of course, such as sharing the video via e-mail or MMS directly from your iPhone or uploading them to YouTube or MobileMe, but in the process of compressing the files lose greatly in their quality, making the HD-option rather useless.
DevTeam updated iOS 4 jailbreak utility redsn0w to version 0.9.5b5-5. That should fix any APN or MMS issues that users were seeing. It’s safe to re-run it on an already jailbroken iPhone without restoring. Just deselect "Install Cydia" if you do that.
Supported devices are still only iPhone3G and iPod Touch 2G (not MC)
You can download the latest version here.
This update contains over 100 new features, including the following:
• Multitasking support for third-party apps*
– Multitasking user interface to quickly move between apps
– Support for audio apps to play in the background
– VoIP apps can receive and maintain calls in the background or when device is asleep
– Apps can monitor location and take action while running in the background
– Alerts and messages can be pushed to apps using push and local notifications
– Apps can complete tasks in the background
• Folders to better organize and access apps
• Home screen Wallpaper*
• Mail improvements
– Unified inbox to view emails from all accounts in one place
– Fast inbox switching to quickly switch between different email accounts
– Threaded messages to view multiple emails from the same conversation
– Attachments can be opened with compatible third-party apps
– Search results can now be filed or deleted
– Option to select size of photo attachments
– Messages in the Outbox can be edited or deleted
According to 9to5Mac, new pre-release of upcoming iOS 4 reveals new feature of exporting video to Facebook. As it can be seen from the screenshot of the code, the maximum height and width of the video will probably be 480 pixels, and the maximum frame rate will be 30 frames per second.
Previously Apple supported export to e-mail, Mobile Me, MMS and YouTube (second picture above).
With internet tethering enabled you can use iPhone internet connection on you desktop or notebook. Here is a quick tutorial for experienced users. For everybody else - just wait for the new version of PwnageTool or some other utility.
Here it is:
A bsdiff patch to apply to CommCenter in 3.1.2 to re-enable tethering is available
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! Your carrier may end up charging you for unauthorized tethering access.
Update #1 It looks like a lot of people have been looking at CommCenter lately because IRC user
CleanAir had a similar tethering patch. Meanwhile over in the 2G CommCenter,
Update #2 A few
Some users have already performed jailbeak for firmware 3.1 and faced problems with several Cydia applications. Some work with no problems, others send the iPhone to Safe Mode. Here is a list of compatible and non-compatible apps.
Applications NOT compatible with Firmware 3.1:
Applications partially compatible with Firmware 3.1:
- Cydia (apparently does not show the badge icon when there are updates available)
- SBSettings (everything works except the button "Restart")
- BossPrefs (everything works except the button "Respring")