After visiting a webinar of Neal Augenstein, who is a well-known radio reporter for WTOP in Washington D.C, the IJNet described his most useful advices on editing and recording audio and video using your iPhone.
iOS 5 beta 3has been released recently. It is available only for Apple registered developers. But you can try it too. Remember that you do it at your own risk. Remember your UDID must be registered at Apple in order to activate your device after install.
iH8Sn0w has released a new version of Sn0wBreeze 2.8 b4 with iOS 5.0 beta 3 jailbreak support. Sn0wBreeze is a so-called PwnageTool for Windows, an application that creates a custom ipsw with jailbreak preserving old baseband.
The jailbreak is tethered for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iPad, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G. Jailbreak is untethered for iPhone 3GS with old bootrom.
Fortune has published a report by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster related to the performance of the App Store. Munster claims that iOS device owners have downloaded more applications in 2011; moreover such applications are more expensive comparing with the average price for an application in 2010.
- More apps: The average iOS device owner will download 83 apps in 2011 vs. 51 in 2010, a 61% increase year over year. "Smartphone users are showing an increasing appetite to use apps to add features to their phones," Munster writes, "and iOS has the leading app ecosystem."
- More expensive apps: The ASP (average selling price) per app is rebounding. ASPs are up 14% y/y in 2011 vs. an 18% decline in 2010. "After the initial race to the bottom in App Store pricing," says Munster, "we are seeing users pay up to add features and games to their iOS devices."
82% of downloads from the App Store are free applications, the rest 18% are paid ones with an average selling price of $1.44. For 2010 and 2011 the average price of application was increasing that could be caused by the iPad launch. iPad applications in general have higher prices than applications for the iPhone and iPod touch.
iOS 5 Beta 3 includes a new floating panel that provides users with access to a variety of hardware controls and gesture-based commands without using an iPad or iPhone’s physical buttons. The panel could also replace hardware controls when they are damaged. To enable the panel, go to Settings->General->Accessibility->AssistiveTouch. That new menu is available for four sections: Home, Device, Gestures and Favorites. In the Settings users can set up custom gestures and play with the built-in ones. The Home tab performs the same function as the Home button, Device tab opens a sub-menu with other controls to increase / decrease volume, lock or rotate the screen, and unlock rotation, while the usage of Favorites and Gestures are not clear yet.
The release of the Mac OS X Lion is nearing and Apple has just invited registered Mac developers to submit their applications for OS X Lion to Mac App Store. But it’s unclear how many apps the Review Team could manage to approve before the rumored Lion launch.
OS X Lion, the eighth major release of the world’s most advanced operating system, will soon be available to millions of Mac users around the world. Submit your Lion apps for review now so they can be on the Mac App Store when Lion ships this month.
OS X Lion provides developers with new features like full-screen mode, push notifications for apps, new Aqua controls including iPad-inspired popovers, auto-save and versions, as well as sandboxing and multi-touch gestures. Lion is expected to be released any day this week as Mac App Store exclusive.
According to Bloomberg report, based on the information from the lawyer for plaintiff Personal Audio, a jury found that Apple had indeed violated two patents relating to downloadable playlists for iPods. Coby Electronics, Sirius XM Radio and Archos were also included in the suit, but they resolve the dispute out of the court last year.
DigiTimes claims that Apple is seeking for the second manufacturer for the updated iPad set for release later this year.
Apple reportedly plans to add a second manufacturer for iPad 3tablet PCs in addition to Foxconn Electronics with Taiwan-based Quanta Computer and [Pegatron] Technology being indicated as the potential contenders for the possible orders, according to industry sources in Taiwan.
[Pegatron], which reportedly have landed iPhone 5 orders from Apple, stands a better chance of winning the iPad 3 orders, the sources noted.
Pegatron now manufactures the CDMA iPhone 4 and Quanta is responsible for Mac production. Apple’s decision to add a new manufacturer for the iPad was mostly caused by the explosion on Foxconn plant and its circumstances. So the company seems to decide to minimize risk.
According to AppleInsider, Apple may be readying to make 1080p movies available in the iTunes Store later this year, based on information from film studios sending films in a new "HD+" format to Apple.