EA has finally released SimCity for Mac. This happened after a six-month delay - the game had to come out in February of this year, but since EA wanted to "ensure a great experience" for all the Mac users, they had to wait.
EA announced that a new gameSimCity will be available for the Mac from June 11. Players will be able to purchase a Mac version of SimCity via digital download from the Origin, digital Steam-like store of EA that launched this year, as well as other digital providers. The owners of the PC version of SimCity will receive a free version for Mac and vice versa.
Digital distribution platform Origin for Mac from EA was launched today; this was first noted by AppleInsider. The Origin for the Mac was originally announced in August, 2011 and began to undergo alpha testing in late January.
- Touch, tap, drag and flick to create a thriving metropolis!
- Zoom in and out of your vibrant cityscapes by pinching
- Eight tool categories give you the ability to plan, zone, build, bulldoze, and manage your city
- Tutorial, starter cities and 3 difficulty modes for fun and challenging gameplay
- Take charge of the city budget and decide where best to spend taxpayers' hard-earned Simoleons
- Public works management including Water, Power, Garbage and Recycling
- Public and private transportation with roads and rail
- Test your city infrastructure with disasters – UFOs, Fires, Tornados, Earthquakes and Toxic Clouds