The Fifth Generation iPhone Rumor Roundup
Posted By Svetlana Osipova On January 25, 2011 @ 4:52 pm In All,Hardware,Other,rumors,Software | 1 Comment
The iPhone 4 was launched more than seven months ago. So it’s time for rumors  about the next-generation Apple’s handset. Let’s imagine what we may expect from iPhone 5 :
- First of all, the next-gen iPhone might start provide support for NFC (a short-range high frequency wireless communication technology which enables the exchange of data between devices over about a 10 centimeter (around 4 inches) distance). This topic began after Apple hired an NFC expert last year. Some of mobile handsets, including the latest version of Android, already support NFC.
- Facial recognition. Apple’s purchase of facial recognition software  developer Polar Rose could suggest some new security  feature or iPhoto-like tagging in the iOS Photos app.
- Improved search and voice commands.
- Expected that the iPhone 5 will be equipped with the Qualcomm wireless communication chipsets to accommodate both CDMA and GSM needs, and a new multi-core A5.
- Apple could upgrade the iPhone’s GPU from the POWERVR SGX535 to the OpenCL-capable POWERVR SGX543.
- Predicted that the camera of the next-gen iPhone will be 8 MP and capable of 1080p video recording , though, it’s doubtful.
Article printed from iPhoneRoot.com: http://iphoneroot.com
URL to article: http://iphoneroot.com/the-fifth-generation-iphone-rumor-roundup/
URLs in this post:
 rumors: http://iphoneroot.com/category/rumors/
 iPhone 5: http://iphoneroot.com/tag/iphone-5/
 software: http://iphoneroot.com/category/software/
 security: http://iphoneroot.com/tag/security/
 video recording: http://iphoneroot.com/tag/video-recording/
Click here to print.