Control your computer wirelessly with the multi-touch features of the new MacBook line!
For both Mac and Windows:
- Wireless touchpad
- PowerPoint clicker
- Control your media
- Multi-touch access to Task Switcher
- Automated discovery
Specially for Mac:
- Zoom your Mac screen
- Multi-touch access to Expose
No install required on Mac, although free modified Vine Server will give you access to media keys (Play/Pause, etc.). For Windows, free modified TightVNC server will also give you access to media keys.
The price is dropped for a limited time from $4.99 to $0. AppStore
Avaliable via AppStore (
Check your blood-alcohol level with Avvo Last Call!
Avvo Last Call allows you to calculate your blood-alcohol level to determine if it’s safe for you to drive after drinking. If not, use Last Call to call a cab. Last Call also provides a list of top local DUI lawyers on Avvo to call for help if you need it.
How it works:
- Log your alcohol consumption as you drink.
- Keep an eye on your blood-alcohol level as Last Call instantly updates it.
- Find nearby taxi services if your blood-alcohol level is too high.
- Contact a top local DUI attorney on Avvo if you need one.
Last Call is provided for entertainment purposes only. Use another method to more accurately determine your BAC level. Don't drink and drive.
The app is free. AppStore link.
Citrix is porting XenApp to the iPhone. XenApp is a remote Windows application that is presently available for Mac, Windows and some mobile platforms. XenApp allows users to remotely log into their corporate networks to access their Windows applications.
The functionality seems similar to existing VNC clients for the iPhone, but Citrix's XenApp apparently transmits window display information rather than the raw graphics (wikipedia
Michael Koppelman is an iPhone developer and model rocket enthusiast. He decided that combining his two hobbies together would be a good idea. He created an app that constantly polled the iPhone’s GPS and accelerometers, logging them to a file and then transmitting the data from the GPS over the web so that the unit could be located if it became lost.
Here is a 3D plat with data from GPS:
More graphics and video:
VoxBot is a retro speech synthesis robot. Type in any text and VoxBot will say it out loud. App is free for a limited time. Normal price is $1.99. Here is AppStore
- It talks!
- Full screen retro oscilloscope display when VoxBot talks
- Easily create, test and edit phrases for VoxBot to say
- Store phrases for quick VoxBot wisdom in the phrase list
This game will appear soon in AppStore.
Many users want to turn iPhone's autocorrection off. There is a good solution we wrote about:
Unfortunately, it didn't work for my russian keyboard - after turning off KB-autocorrect russian keyboard just disappeared. Hopefully this will be fixed in future versions.
1. Thumbnail view supported for wallpapers, camera and all other folders.
2. Support Symlink for the filesystem of firmware 2.0. All .app can be listed in Application folder.
3. Downloading music and movie from iPhone with filename encoded with album name and artist name.
4. Support E-Books, converting plain text to UTF-16 automatically.
Uploading music and movie to iPhone is now disabled on devices with firmware 2.x.
Stuck in another pointless meeting? Want to impress everyone, that Bill calls you? Use Fake-A-Call! With the tap of your finger or at a specified time, have that 'important client' give you a call. This application is free, maybe for a limited time Here is AppStore
There is a project (
TyroTuner is a microphone-based utility that tunes the standard six-string guitar. Select what string you want to tune, and then play the guitar string...the needle will tell you whether you need to tune up or down.
The application costed $2.99, but it is now free for a limited time. Here is the AppStore
Quite soon MMS will be avaliable for iPhone users via AppStore. The application is called MMSender. The
TouchTerm is a complete and fully-featured SSH terminal application, with an intuitive interface includes:
- Translucent UI support allows typing while using the entire screen for displaying terminal output
- Complete server, connection, and password management
- RSA/DSA public key authentication
- VT100 Terminal Emulation: Use top, screen, emacs, vi -- virtually any console application
- Wi-Fi and EDGE/3G support: access and administer your servers from anywhere
- Full special-key support including Ctrl, Esc, Tab, and arrow keys
- Landscape mode support, configurable font size and color
- A polished, iPhone-standard interface
This application is free for a limited time. The price dropped from $2.99 to 0. Here is AppStore