News tagged ‘UK’
These photos were found in a brand new iPhone in UK. Nice!
NPD Group released the top leading music retailers for the first half of 2008. The list was based on purchases of CDs or digital music downloads.
- Wal-Mart (Walmart, Walmart.com, Walmart Music Downloads)
- Best Buy (Best Buy, Bestbuy.com, Best Buy Digital Music Store)
- Amazon (Amazon.com, AmazonMP3.com)
- Target (Target and Target.com)
Apple's iTunes remains number one among all retailers. Apple took the number one spot in April, overtaking Wal-Mart.
Here is a quick list of history events for iTunes:
- 28 April 2003 : start in the US.
- 5 May 2003 : one million is sold.
- 23 June 2003 : 5 million.
- 8 September 2003 : 10 million.
- 15 December 2003 : 25 million.
- 15 March 2004 : 50 million.
- 15 June 2004 : iTunes in France, UK, Germany.
- 12 July 2004 : 100 million!
- 26 October : in all European Union.
- 2 December : iTunes in Canada.
- 10 May 2005 : 400 million, open in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland.
- 17 July 2005 : 500 million!
- 4 August 2005 : Japan.
- 25 October 2005 : Australia.
- 23 February 2006 : first billion!
- 19 June 2008 : 5 billion!
- How to Port phoneME™ Advanced Software to Google Android, iPhone, OpenMoko, LiMO, and MoreHinkmond Wong (Sun Microsystems)
May 07, 14:50 - 15:50
- Dancing Duke on Your PlayStation Portable: Porting phoneME™ Software to PlayStation Portable Max Mu (Sun Microsystems); Kuo Wang (iaSolution Technology Limited)
May 08,19:30 - 20:20
- Extending Swing to Run Multitouch Applications (Multitouch Software)Michael Riecken (Trissential, LLC)
May 09,16:10 - 17:10
The objective of the phoneME project is to further expand the usage of Java™ Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME platform) technology in the mobile handset market. The goal in making these technologies available to the Mobile & Embedded Community is to reduce implementation variation, increase the rate of innovation and enable new devices to leverage the power of the Java ME platform.
Session Title: "How to Port phoneME™ Advanced Software to Google Android, iPhone, OpenMoko, LiMO, and More".
Session Abstract: "This presentation discusses how to port phoneME™ Advanced open source mobile platform software to the latest hot cell phone and embedded device environments such as Google-OHA, Android SDK, iPhone/iPod (touch) SDK, OpenMoko, and LiMO.
The objective of the phoneME project is to further expand the use of the Java™ Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME platform) in the mobile handset market through open source. The project scope includes a focus on the emerging next-generation phone segment with the phoneME Advanced software stack. This session concentrates on how to use the open-source phoneME Advanced project as the core Java virtual machine and libraries to enable the most-recent popular mobile development platforms to become Java technology-enabled. "
Make sure to attend this event and this sesson in particular. Hinkmond Wong is an expert from Sun Microsystems, who can answer many questions about IPhone, Java and more.