News tagged ‘less’
Investment bank Piper Jaffray said Tuesday it believes Apple is readying new iPod and notebook products that will apply downward pressure to profit margins because they'll be priced more affordably, such as 13-inch MacBook that will fetch less than $1000.
"We believe there is an 80% chance Apple will introduce redesigned MacBooks and possibly new MacBook Pros at lower price points," he wrote. "Specifically, Apple may re-enter the $999 price point (currently $1099) with the MacBook, or test the $1,799 price point with the MacBook Pro (currently $1999)."
The Piper Jaffray analyst reiterated his Buy rating and $250 price target on shares of Apple.
Warning - Tethering your iPhone is against the iPhone data plan terms. AT&T could slap you with huge fees if you overuse this. I recommend only using it during emergencies.
Here is a basic plan (by the way, this should work for old IPhone also):
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G
- Install 3Proxy and Terminal
- Create an ad-hoc Wi-fi network using your laptop
- Join the network with your iPhone
- Find the iPhone's IP address
- Open Terminal and run the proxy program
- Open Safari on your iPhone and open a web page
- Configure your browser to use the proxy
Later we'll discuss it with more details.
Step 1: Jailbreak your iPhone
"AT&T knows Wi-Fi is hot, and free Wi-Fi even hotter, which is why we are proud to offer iPhone customers free access to the nation's largest Wi-Fi hotspot network with more than 17,000 hotspots, including Starbucks. Now users can relax and access music, e-mail and web browsing services with their favorite blend in hand from the comfort of their favorite location."
AT&T provides an
This is about Wi-Fi spots in the US. AT&T has access (company-owned, branded and roaming) to over 70,000 Wi-Fi hotsport in 89 countries and 389 airports.
Unfortunately, everyone got too excited over nothing - the Wi-Fi is still not available, and the “document” was a mistake. Here is an email from one of their spokespeople:
- We have not made any announcement regarding free Wi-Fi and iPhone. The webpage was posted in error and is being removed. Wi-Fi is a real differentiator for AT&T and it is our intention to make it available to as many customers as possible, but we have no announcement at this time.
Pinchmedia provided new report of prices for IPhone application in
Here are the results:
Compare them with the ones, that were presented a week ago just after the AppStore opening:
On Sunday, Apple sold its one millionth iPhone 3G, the company announced today. "iPhone 3G had a stunning opening weekend," said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. "It took 74 days to sell the first one million original iPhones, so the new iPhone 3G is clearly off to a great start around the world".
During its first weekend, iPhone and iPod touch customers downloaded more than 10 million applications from the new App Store. The groundbreaking App Store now has more than 800 native applications, including over 200 offered for free and more than 90 percent available for less than $10.
Commuunications (3G/GSM) are on Infineon chips. One for GSM/GPRS/EDGE, another for WCDMA/HSDPA (3G). GPS module is not SiRF as we all thought. Apple uses
iPhone Configuration Utility lets you create configuration profiles for your devices. There are two versions of iPhone Configuration Utility—one is a Mac OS X application and the otheris a web-based version for Mac OS X or Windows. Application-based looks a bit different, has more functionality, but web-based could be used on windows platform.
After installation of Web utility open a web browser and go to: http://localhost:3000. Log in with the user name admin and the password admin. You're all set. Create profiles and distribute them by email or web.
There are several tabs here:
- How to Port phoneME™ Advanced Software to Google Android, iPhone, OpenMoko, LiMO, and MoreHinkmond Wong (Sun Microsystems)
May 07, 14:50 - 15:50
- Dancing Duke on Your PlayStation Portable: Porting phoneME™ Software to PlayStation Portable Max Mu (Sun Microsystems); Kuo Wang (iaSolution Technology Limited)
May 08,19:30 - 20:20
- Extending Swing to Run Multitouch Applications (Multitouch Software)Michael Riecken (Trissential, LLC)
May 09,16:10 - 17:10