News tagged ‘Website’
Apple has updated the official website dedicated to the WWDC, the event where Apple will present Firmware 3.0, the new iPhone and more. The news are great - all available seats are gone.
The latest rumors say that the Keynote will not be presented by Steve Jobs.
Here is an unofficial changelog of iPhone 3.0 beta2 firmware:
- Better Spotlight feature
- Better Copy-Cut-Paste
- Greater speed and overall stability
- MMS natively supported (without any hack) for a lot of new countries
- In-App Purchase first APIs released
- Push notifications first APIs released
- New APIs available to developers
- Bugs afflicting Beta 1 fixed
- Safari’s lower bar is no more transparent
- New “Store” entry in Settings App: it links to a blank page
- Contacts now divided in “All contacts”, “All contacts on My iPhone” and “All contacts (Mobile Me)”
- New Safari’s landscape mode when clicking on a image or a link
- Anti-phishing mode in Safari. Activate it in Settings App > Safari, switching Fraud alert ON. The green title bar on 3.0 firmware means a security certified and reliable website. The “htpps” protocol icon instead has been moved on the left of the title.
- SpringBoard has now up to 11 pages and 180 applications.
There are more than 500 000 iPhones in Russia already. But the official sales will start in October. There are tons of news about the prices and tarriffs, but there are no official announcements from carriers. Several resellers posted the following prices on their websites lately: 23 000 RUB ($920) for 8Gb and 27 000 RUB ($1080) for 16Gb version.
This is great news for former Blackberry, Palm, and Windows Mobile users. With this software users can view, edit, or create Microsoft Office content. All of the big apps are covered including Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.
Вумудщзук now has a website you can visit to sign up for release information here in this
The app, which costs $6.99, turn your iPhone into an easy-to-use wireless storage device that can be access by any other device on your wireless network. A one way drop box can be added to a normal machine to drop files onto the iPhone, or alternatively you can set up a two-way shared drive to move files between the iPhone and a computer. More info on developer's
Here are couple videos, one for PC and one for Mac:
Winterboard is amazing. Saurik, the developer of Winterboard, has just added dynamic backgrounds. Your background can now be an HTML web page using webkit. The possibilities are endless. He threw together a small theme called “Saurik” that fades in and out between two images as an example. But so much more can be done with this.
Comments from Saurik:
So, while staring at the desktop, I realized “wait, why don’t I make that a website? then you could do all kinds of neat things with it!”. This dream has been made a reality with the latest version of WinterBoard. There is a new file you can add called Wallpaper.html which puts a UIWebDocumentView behind SpringBoard.
AT&T has developed a software trick that will recognize voice commands without the need for specialized voice recognition software. It is based on a new version of AT&T's WATSON speech recognition engine.
In a prototype mobile version of the YellowPages website, AT&T in a research video shows an iPhone user entering the business name and location into text fields on the page just by speaking them at the appropriate times. While typing would work in such a case, the company claims that voicing the information is faster and more convenient.