News tagged ‘Windows’
United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) just released a large document detailing "Touch Screen Device, Method, and Graphical User Interface for Determining Commands by Applying Heuristics". There are lots and lots of information in this patent (#20080174570) but only one particular section that really caught my eye. It has to do with one feature many of us have been wishing for on the iPhone --- support for Flash content.
The content from this patent doesn't say whether Apple will add support for Flash to future versions of iPhone OS 2.0, but it does tell us that Apple has most definitely considered it. And as an added bonus, we may even see native support for Windows Media content.
FIGS. 40A-40F illustrate exemplary user interfaces for playing an item of inline multimedia content in accordance with some embodiments.
In some embodiments, user interfaces 4000A-4000F include the following elements, or a subset or superset thereof: 402, 404, 406, 3902, 3906, 3910, 3912, 3918, 3920, 3922, as described above; inline multimedia content 4002, such as QuickTime content (4002-1), Windows Media content (4002-2), or Flash content (4002-3);
New version 220.127.116.11 of
18.104.22.168 fixes the Ipwner crash problem and 16xx errors. It will also fix the iPod ipswBuilder failure bug.
- Support for WinXP and Vista 32/64bit. Note Windows 2003/2008 server (Yes SERVER) are not supported neither is Windows 95 or Windows 3.11
- You MUST do a full uninstall of winpwn before installing the new version
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
- WinPwn uses 300MB of ram at peak due to the ipsw being extracted in memory
- You must first click browse and load an IPSW to use WinPwn (i thought this was clear)
- For 2.0 only the *5A347_Restore.ipsw files are valid. The 345 image will not work
- If you see Failed to load image catalog/payload catalog, this is fine and won't cause problems
- If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix
- Cydia/XP/Writing root FS bug.
- Failed to remove ipsw directory after a ipswBuild failure.
- iPwner now only accepts custom ipsws.
- Remove 345 ipsw support. WinPwn only supports 347 2.0 ipsw's.
- Various other fixes.
Some curious developer found the following within the English-language 'Localizable.strings' file located in 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit.framework':
Therefore, it's unclear whether those references represent the groundwork for upcoming iPhone features or simply exists as carryovers from the WebKit frameworks used to develop applications for the Mac and Windows PCs.
screenshots are from iphoneapps.ru
Being a suite of command-line utilities, this release is meant primarily for developers. While you can certainly jailbreak (both 3G and first-gen) and unlock (first-gen) with it, it's not really something you want to try without reading the lengthy, detailed README. If you don't have the patience to do that, this release is not for you.
For users this news mean that quite soon there will be a new version of winpwn, supporting 2.0.
iRinger creates free ringtones for your iPhone from virtually any music or video file you own. Even YouTube videos! iRinger exports ringtones to iTunes, so there is no need to "jailbreak" your iPhone. You will be creating ringtones in seconds. It's that simple. Here is a video tutorial:
- Three Steps: Import, Preview then Export. Done.
- Convert virtually any audio format into an iPhone ringtone
- Extracts audio out of video
- Choose which section of the audio you want to hear
- Adjust ringtone length, volume, fade in, fade out and loop gap
- Export to iPhone ringtone format and import right into iTunes
- Export to iPhone using SCP/SFTP and skip using iTunes
- Use audio effects: Delay, Flanger, Boost, Reverse, etc.
- Runs on all versions of Microsoft Windows including Windows Vista
- Requires iPhone firmware 1.1.2 or newer, iTunes software 7.5 or newer
- Works with the new iPhone 3G!
Here is an advanced video tutorial, it shows how to use some advanced features:
iPhone Configuration Utility lets you create configuration profiles for your devices. There are two versions of iPhone Configuration Utility—one is a Mac OS X application and the otheris a web-based version for Mac OS X or Windows. Application-based looks a bit different, has more functionality, but web-based could be used on windows platform.
After installation of Web utility open a web browser and go to: http://localhost:3000. Log in with the user name admin and the password admin. You're all set. Create profiles and distribute them by email or web.
There are several tabs here:
This is a tutorial, that shows step by step how to install Java on the IPhone.
First of all I'd like to say we all want to use legal IPhones and operators. So everything written below is for testing purposes only . Hopefully this technology will be avaliable on all IPhones sold worldwide. You also might need to recover your IPhone, so make sure you backed up all your data. I personally did everything without any problems and needs to recover. Everything you do is your responsibility, etc...
So let's start, because it's worth it! It's just one evening and you will be able to create your personal Java application, compile and run it on the IPhone, and amaze all your friends .
There are two steps: