iFixit Team Performed 13-inch Touch Bar MacBook Pro Teardown
The iFixit team has posted a teardown of the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. Two weeks ago, the company posted a teardown of the entry-level laptop without the Touch Bar, revealing it was quite difficult to repair. As it turns out, the mid-range model is even worse when it comes to disassembling.
Below you can find some MacBook Pro teardown highlights and the repairability score of the model.
- 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar has a model number A1706.
- The processor, RAM, and flash memory are soldered to the logic board.
- The Touch ID button has a sapphire crystal top cover.
- The battery capacity is 49 Wh.
- The battery assembly is entirely, and very solidly, glued into the case, thus complicating replacement.
The repairability score is 1 out of 10 (10 is the easiest to repair)
What do you think about the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar? Leave your comments below.
Follow us on