News tagged ‘Amazon’
Burbank, Calif., March 2nd, 2009 – Warner Bros. Digital Distribution today announced Watchmen: Justice is Coming, an online multiplayer game for the iPhone and iPod Touch based on the upcoming film Watchmen, from Warner Bros. By using its patent-pending CloudMMO technology running on Amazon's Cloud, Last Legion were able to create a persistent world for the iPhone in the Watchmen universe. Players can roam the city streets, chat with total strangers, battle with people on the other side of the country, and ride the subway to another part of the city to continue their crusade against crime, all in real-time.
7 Cities TD is a Tower Defense game staged to the backdrop of the beautiful Amazon region. You are The Defender, tasked with building towers along the Amazon rivers to protect the ancient Golden Cities, and stop the pirates and their evil minions.
The game looks really nice. However it costs $4.99 (AppStore
- 7 unique hand-drawn maps ranging in difficulty and design
- 2 game modes: Campaign and Survival
- 7 towers: each with an unique look and abilities
- Upgrade your towers and level them up
- 12 individual tower skills that can be unlocked and acquired as towers gain experience and reach higher levels
- A wide variety of enemies: from small scout ships to gigantic creatures of the deep seas
- High-quality 2D graphics, animations, fully dynamic particle systems featuring fire, smoke, ice, and fireworks!
- Original music and sound effects (or you can listen to your own iPod music while playing)
- Camera pan & zoom
- Save & load any time
- Online high score submission & ranking (http://neptune-studios.com/7/highscores/)
Watch 3 videos:
NPD Group released the top leading music retailers for the first half of 2008. The list was based on purchases of CDs or digital music downloads.
- Wal-Mart (Walmart, Walmart.com, Walmart Music Downloads)
- Best Buy (Best Buy, Bestbuy.com, Best Buy Digital Music Store)
- Amazon (Amazon.com, AmazonMP3.com)
- Target (Target and Target.com)
Apple's iTunes remains number one among all retailers. Apple took the number one spot in April, overtaking Wal-Mart.
Here is a quick list of history events for iTunes:
- 28 April 2003 : start in the US.
- 5 May 2003 : one million is sold.
- 23 June 2003 : 5 million.
- 8 September 2003 : 10 million.
- 15 December 2003 : 25 million.
- 15 March 2004 : 50 million.
- 15 June 2004 : iTunes in France, UK, Germany.
- 12 July 2004 : 100 million!
- 26 October : in all European Union.
- 2 December : iTunes in Canada.
- 10 May 2005 : 400 million, open in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland.
- 17 July 2005 : 500 million!
- 4 August 2005 : Japan.
- 25 October 2005 : Australia.
- 23 February 2006 : first billion!
- 19 June 2008 : 5 billion!
WebSearch is a very handy app that saves lots of time especially on slow networks.
Consider normal use of the web on say EDGE. You pull up a web page, you have to wait for it to load. You then get to the search page, wait for it to load, type in your search, wait for it to load. With websearch, you program in search criteria (based on firefox’s “add a keyword search”) and then you just click the search for the site, type the search string, and wait only one time for the search page to loa with results.