Teardown of Apple's 11.6-Inch MacBook Air
Yesterday iFixit posted some pictures of 11.6-inch MacBook Air teardown. Here are results of this disassembling:
- Found 6 six separate lithium-polymer battery cells;
- Onboard 64GB of flash storage is made up of six main chips: four 16GB flash memory chips and a solid state drive controller from Toshiba, and a Micron OKA17 D9HSJ DDR DRAM cache;
- New MacBook Air also uses the same Broadcom Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chip as the current MacBook Pros, but it thinner;
- All components are cooled by one tiny internal fan;
- Logic board includes the MacBook Air's Intel Core 2 Duo 1.4GHz processor, Nvidia GeForce 320M graphics, and 2GB soldered of Elpida J1108EFBG RAM, which is not upgradable.
Follow us on