Interesting facts from Apple Financial Results Conference Call
Recently Apple Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook and Chief Financial Officer Peter Oppenheimer had a financial conference call with the press and analysts. Here are some interesting facts we gained from the conversation:
- Last quarter Apple increased its profit by 90%. Currently their profit is $13.50 billion, and net quarterly revenue is $3,07 billion.
- Every retail store has an average revenue of $5,9 million. Year ago it was $5,5 million.
- During last quarter 47 million people visited Apple stores, which is 8 millions more than a year ago.
- Asia Pacific region was the best region to ship the Macs. For the last year there were sent 67% more Macs than in a year before, and that brought a 184% revenue increase.
- By the end of 2011 Apple is going to have 25 stores in China. Other locations are in London and Paris.
- Three main countries that have a contractual exclusive relationship with Apple are USA, Germany and Spain.
- Apple TV still remains a hobby for the company, but the number of products sold increased by 34% for the quarter.
- In the second financial quarter there were sold 8.75 million of iPhones, which is 131% more than in the same frame a year ago. Total revenue for the quarter is equal to $5.6 billion (a year ago it was $2.8 billion).
- Average iPhone selling price is still about $600.
- Developers liked iPhone OS 4.0.
- DRAM pricing becomes more constrained so we can look forward for higher prices.
- iPod remains the most popular portable player and it continues to gain a significant share internationally in Japan, Canada, U.K. and Australia.
- 10.89 million of devices were sold in the last quarter, and that brought $3,3 billion of revenue to company. This is 1% lower than in 2009.
- Total revenue from selling iPods increased by 12% to $1,7 billion.
- Over 4 billion downloads were made from App Store.
- Apple gained 1,1$ million for this quarter on selling content in iTunes. This is a best result.
- Every year number of iPod Touch sales increases by 63%.
- The announcement of the device didn't have a significant impact on Mac and iPod sales.
- iPad sales have exceeded company's expectations and Apple is shocked with the level of demand in USA.
- 3G-version of iPad will be shipped on April 30 to the USA and to another 9 countries at the end of May.
- More information will be revealed after 3G-version will be shipped.
To learn more visit Apple's
Follow us on