All you need to know about new iOS 4.2
Finally, Apple released their rumored iOS 4.2. Here is a list of the new features and improvements added in this firmware:
- AirPlay for steaming audio and video content to the Apple’s set-top box Apple TV with access to Netflix streaming.
- Find My iPhone service became free for the current generation iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- AirPrint: the feature allows to print over-the-air directly to certain HP printers. Perhaps, the company is interested in looking into third-party solutions.
- Safari "Find in Page": Safari now offers users the ability to search for text within the currently-open page, displaying a toolbar to allow navigate among instances of the term.
- Multitasking for iPad: iOS 4.2 brings multitasking to the iPad for the first time and modifies the side hardware switch on the iPad into an iPhone-like mute switch.
- Folders for iPad: Folders allow users to drag app icons on top of each other on the home screen to create folders of related applications.
- Universal Inbox for iPad: The universal inbox allows users to easily see email messages from all of their accounts.
- Game Center for iPad: Game Center is Apple's social network and achievements platform for iOS gaming, allowing users to challenge their friends and track scores on compatible titles.
- MobileMe: Apple revamped a login page. The login page invites users to sign in with their Apple IDs, but they will not be able to do so until they have set up Find My iPhone on their iOS 4.2 devices using their Apple IDs.
Follow us on