Apple Released iBooks 2 For Reading Interactive Textbooks
Today, during the education-focused media event Apple
From the description of the
- Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch textbooks designed for iPad
- iBooks textbooks are filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, and videos
- Tap to dive into images with interactive captions, rotate 3D objects, swipe through image galleries, watch videos in full screen, and more
- Use a finger as a highlighter when swiping over text in a textbook
- Take advantage of Study Cards to help you memorize important highlights, notes, and glossary terms
- Tap glossary terms to see definitions of key topics and concepts without leaving the page
Apple is cooperating with Pearson, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and McGraw-Hill, with three companies now responsible for 90 percent of all textbook sales in U.S. Today Pearson and McGraw-Hill are releasing several introductory titles and more titles are coming soon.
Apple’s initial focus is on textbooks for high schools, with prices at $14.99 or less. Authors can continuously update their content, and students can keep their books indefinitely. iBooks 2 is available for free download on the App Store.
“iTunes 10.5.3 allows you to sync interactive iBooks textbooks to your iPad. These Multi-Touch textbooks are available for purchase from the iTunes Store on your Mac or from the iBookstore included with iBooks 2 on your iPad”.
Follow us on