Apple Releases Second Beta of iOS 9 to Developers
Apart from seeding the second beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11, the guys from Cupertino have released iOS 9 Beta 2 to developers for testing. The second build can boast of a number of bug fixes for Mail app, AirPlay and other sections of the mobile operating system. In general, the developers say the second beta is more stable than the first one, however, there’re still many things to be improved.
The list of new features found in iOS 9 Beta 2 is available below:
- The Podcasts app has a new icon and the updated design.
- Apple Watch app is now called Watch and has a new icon.
- Apple developers improved search on iOS devices.
- iPad keyboard got some design and layout changes.
- Auto app delete/reinstall feature, which temporarily deletes apps to free up some space on the device.
- Enhancements to Safari browser.
Just as it was announced at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference, iOS 9 installation package is much smaller than the iOS 8 package. When installed, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system allows to make the battery life of the iPhone or iPad a bit longer.
If you have a developer account, you can download iOS 9 either from Apple’s dev portal or as an OTA-update. Keep in mind it is not recommended to install this version of software on your main device.
Follow us on