Apple's 2011 Annual Report: More Hiring, More Sales, No Dividends Coming
Yesterday Apple filled its 2011 annual report with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The report includes several interesting facts about company:
- Apple now has 60,400 employees comparing with 46,600 employees last year. 36,000 employees work in the retail division of the company.
- Apple enlarged number of stores up to 357. In this year the company opened 40 additional stores. The average number of employees per store grew from 83.6 to 100.8.
- The company spent $933 million on advertising, enlarged number of investment into research and development up to $2.4 billion.
- Apple also mentioned some risk factors for investors: "if [Apple] is found to have infringed on intellectual property rights", "support from third-party software developers", "the Company’s ability to obtain components in sufficient quantities", and numerous more.
- As of September 24, 2011 Apple has 13.2 million square feet of building space, among them about 7.0 million square feet are leased building space.
Follow us on