Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Has Been Released
The 'Dream Team' of hackers have just released their untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2. The utility is called Absinthe.
The initial release is currently for Mac OS X only but Windows is coming soon!
You can download Absinthe here.
Here are our step-by-step tutorials:
- HowTo untether jailbreak iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1 (Mac OS X)
- HowTo untether jailbreak iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0/5.0.1 (Mac OS X)
- HowTo untether jailbreak iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1 (Windows)
- HowTo untether jailbreak iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0/5.0.1 (Windows)
UPDATE: Absinthe for Windows is ready - read here!
- When jailbreaking: Do not have a passcode set. Do not have your own VPN setup (Absinthe needs to setup its own).
- If Absinthe crashes, reboot your DEVICE and try again.
- If the Absinthe webclip shows “Error establishing a database connection”, please go to Settings, turn on VPN and wait instead.
- Toggle VPN only AFTER Absinthe says it’s done, or it will not work.
- VPN SHOULD error and then reboot soon. If it does not, rerun Absinthe!
- If you get a strange problem, we advise you to restore your iPhone with iTunes, if you can (i.e. if you’re not on 5.0 waiting for an eventual 4S unlock).
Follow us on