News tagged ‘Contacts’
iBlogeek has released a Mac OX utility called BackToUp that will help everyone back up their device. The program is pretty good and make the backup of:
- Text Messages (SMS)
- Bookmarks and History of Safari
- Call History
- Bookmarks and History of Maps
- General Preferences (ringtone, etc)
Also, BackToUp can:
- Create a backup
- Restore a device using a backup
- Erase backups
- Update a backup
You can download BackToUp
Here is a list of changes from iSapzio (sorry, screenshots are in Italian):
1. You can now enter to Settings-Store to see the balance and billing information:
2. Another change concerns volume control in the iPod app (or the "Music" on iPod Touch). While using Firmware 3.0 beta 4 on iPod Touch first generation, we can see that the controls for the volume are gone. This is an intelligent system, that turns on and off volume control, depending on USB, headphones and AD2P connection:
3. Fixed problems with iPhoto and displaying thumbnails of the screenshots / images from the CameraRoll.
Skype is updated to version 1.0.3. Here is a changelog:
- Fixed crashing when clicking on certain contacts in the contact list.
- Fixed crashing when returning to the contact list after having accepted a contact authorization request in specific cases.
- Improved the handling of international calling prefixes in SkypeOut calling.
You might still see a pop-up (first time launch) saying that the application works only on non-jailbroked devices. I can assure you that it works rather well, without any problems.
Here is an unofficial changelog of iPhone 3.0 beta2 firmware:
- Better Spotlight feature
- Better Copy-Cut-Paste
- Greater speed and overall stability
- MMS natively supported (without any hack) for a lot of new countries
- In-App Purchase first APIs released
- Push notifications first APIs released
- New APIs available to developers
- Bugs afflicting Beta 1 fixed
- Safari’s lower bar is no more transparent
- New “Store” entry in Settings App: it links to a blank page
- Contacts now divided in “All contacts”, “All contacts on My iPhone” and “All contacts (Mobile Me)”
- New Safari’s landscape mode when clicking on a image or a link
- Anti-phishing mode in Safari. Activate it in Settings App > Safari, switching Fraud alert ON. The green title bar on 3.0 firmware means a security certified and reliable website. The “htpps” protocol icon instead has been moved on the left of the title.
- SpringBoard has now up to 11 pages and 180 applications.
Clippy is an iPhone addition from Cydia for copy/paste functionality. It was updated to version 0.96-1. Many issues are resolved and a lot of bugs fixed. Among these are: the ability to copy text from Safari, the ability to copy text from messages or biteSMS and Fix for the Mail application, many different crashes, etc.
- Press-and-hold on list items to invoke Clippy on static text
- Press-and-hold on the keyboard's "123" button to invoke Clippy on editable text
- Tap-pause-and-drag to highlight portions of editable text (except in web pages)
Install from Cydia on a jailbreaked iPhone or iPod Touch.
Here are several photos that show how Clippy works:
- Banners and links
- Commercial offers
- Quizzes and competitions
- Internet advertising
|- Request for product testing and review
- Request App review
- Cooperation and partnership
- Using materials from iPhoneRoot.com
- Business proposal
|- Invitations to conferences, exhibitions and other email@example.com|
|- Press releases
- Your news
- Product announcements
- Contact our editors with tips
|- Typos and errors
- Site tips and suggestions
|Victor (admin)||Editor-in-chief | Writerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Famous russian social network VKontakte created an iPhone application.
The VKontakte application allows you to stay сonnected and easily share information with your friends. You can use iPhone to send and receive messages, check your friends' updates, and upload mobile photos to VKontakte from anywhere at anytime. You can also find your classmates from school, college or university and copy their profile information to your contacts.
Free via AppStore (
Google has released Sync support to instantly coordinate your Google Calendar and Contacts. Avaliable in Beta for iPhone (
Reminder: Google Sync uses the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync protocol, all existing Contacts and Calendar events will be removed from your phone.
First of all these icons can be viewed on any iPhone with 2.2 firmware. But to be able to send these icons users need to perform additional actions. There are 4 ways to turn them on and 2 of them are free:
Solution N1 for $5.99:
In AppStore buy and install
Solution N2 for $0.99:
In AppStore buy and install
Solution N3 for Free:
This application adds boolean ‘true’ key KeyboardEmojiEverywhere edits in /User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Preferences.plist. You can do it manually if you want.
Solution N3 for Free:
Step 1. Download the vcard.vcf
Step 2. Import it to your address book program. If you are using Windows, you may want to do it on iPhone directly. Send the vcard.vcf file to yourself. Open in on iPhone’s Email.app, click the vcf file and import all the contacts.
Step 3. Go into “Settings” > “General” > “Keyboard” > “Japanese Keyboard”. Enable the QWERTY keyboard.
Step 4. In notes or any other program you want. Type “emojia”, “emojii” or “emojiu” to select those icons.
I like Solution N3. It is free and simple. You do not need to play with contacts and etc. But you need to jailbreak an iPhone.
This is a voice dial application. SayNDial automatically dials one of your contacts just by saying a name or company. It recognizes your speech making it faster than thumbing through your contacts and safer when calling while you drive. SayNDial is powered by Metaphor Solutions.
The application is free for a limited time. The price dropped from $2.99 to 0. AppStore
This tool lets you access your Box.net account directly from your iPhone.
- Scroll through and view all the files and folders stored on Box.net account.
- Share individual files or entire folders of files stored on their Box.net accounts with any of their iPhone contacts
- Snap pictures, upload them to Box and share them
- Monitor updates to your Box.net account, such as files or folders added by you and people that are collaborating and contributing to your Box.net account
- Open work files such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF documents.
Box.net lite version is free: 1GB of online storage and 10GB of bandwidth a month. AppStore
This application is developed by Jay Freeman, the creator of the Cydia. Veency is a free app that allows iPhone owners to remotely control their iPhone from PC or Mac desktop via a VNC client.
Here are some of the features:
- Launch applications on your iPhone
- Reply to emails, text messages, and more
- Rearrange icons
- Lock/Unlock your iPhone
- Browse through Photos and Contacts
Of course you cannot do two finger gestures with this app. All other actions can be done with the click of your mouse. The only area in which Veency fails tragically at is when opening any video recording application on the iPhone.
Be sure to restart your iPhone after installing Veency and connect to the server using a Wi-Fi connection. We recommend using UltraVNC or TightVNC to connect your Windows desktop. If you're using a Mac, we recommend Chicken VNC.
Here is a video demonstration:
Remote access software or remote desktop software is software that allows you to access a remote computer.
- com.apple.MobileSMS.plist file is not overwritten now, it is modified instead.
- BiteSMS support
- Very basic “import from contacts” interface
- Works with 2.1 firmware
The iPhone 2.1 is out. It contains the following updates as listed by Apple:
- decrease in call set-up failures andcall drops
- significantly improve battery life for most users
- dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- improve email reliability, notable fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- faster installation of 3rd party applications
- fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes if you have lots of 3rd party applications
- improved performance of text messaging
- faster loading and searching of contacts
- improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation
The 2.1 firmware is build 5F136 (weighing in at 237.8MB) and can be directly downloaded through iTunes. The new firmware also contains a number of security fixes including the well publicized passcode flaw.
Jailbreak for 2.1 is not avaliable yet.
Apple подал на патент (
Much of the 52-page filing describes methods for accurately detecting and deciphering a plurality of simultaneous contacts on a touch screen, which sets the foundation for future tablet-based products that users can manipulate using not only more than one finger, but more than one hand.