News tagged ‘iTunes Preview’
Apple just released new iOS 4.3 firmware. Jailbreakers and unlockers should wait for new tools. Everybody else will benefit. iOS 4.3 has Safari speed improvements, AirPlay features, hotspot, Home sharing, a new option for customizing the iPad's side switch to serve as a mute toggle or screen orientation lock and much more:
This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
* Personal Hotspot
- Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
* iTunes Home Sharing
- Play music, movies, and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
* New AirPlay features
- Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
- Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
* HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
* Ping features
- Push notifications for comments and follow requests
- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
- Parental controls
* New Settings
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
* Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
* Bug fixes
Products compatible with the software update:
- iPhone 4 (GSM model)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPod touch (3rd generation)
- Apple TV 2G
iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 4 Verizon do not have iOS 4.3 update.
Here are the direct links to download iOS 4.3:
|AppleTV(2G) (AppleTV2,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPad (iPad1,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPad2,1 (iPad2,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPad2,2 (iPad2,2)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPad2,3 (iPad2,3)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPhone3GS (iPhone2,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPhone4 (iPhone3,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPodTouch(3G) (iPod3,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
|iPodTouch(4G) (iPod4,1)||03/09/2011 13:07:02|
iTunes users will be able to sample a minute of a song before purchasing. Currently, iTunes song samples are limited to 30 seconds.
The report said that the addition of more sample time is one of a number of expected changes to iTunes, aimed at helping users discover music. It is rumored that Apple will spend "a large part" of its 1st September special event detailing how the new iTunes improves the user experience. But Apple is not expected to introduce a cloud-based iTunes service, which would allow users to stream music to devices such as the iPhone.
PadGadget did some research of the the iTunes database last night and found that Apple has already approved and listed several iPad apps in the AppStore. The names use HD (High Definition) in the title to signify the bigger 9.7 inch, 1024×768 pixel iPad display. Here is a quick list of what was found:
- Ammoin HD
- Azkend HD
- Flight Control HD
- Grind HD
- HD Recovery
- Labyrinth 2 HD
- NBA Hotshot HD
- Numba HD
- Plants vs. Zombie HD
- Sparkle HD
- Worms HD
You won’t find any of these iPad titles using your standard iTunes browser, you need to use Apple’s more recent
UPDATE: Apple has corrected the iTunes Preview site and HD iPad titles are no longer listed.
Apple has improved their new iTunes Preview service by activating in-browser previews for iPod and iPhone applications.
iTunes Preview was launched by Apple in November. It worked for those iTunes links, which used to simply open the application. Before that your browser would open a blank page and prompt you to open the link with the iTunes application. Now you are also able to view screenshots, changelogs, descriptions and reviews for iPod Touch and iPhone applications.
Besides, last month Apple also started using QuickTime to offer 30 second song samples encoded in 44.1 AAC 300+ kbits/second.
Apple has launched iTunes Preview, a feature that shows what music is available on iTunes from the convenience of your Web browser. iTunes Preview lets anyone browse through the entire iTunes catalog’s worth of music, info, and user reviews for any region.
You can access iTunes Preview in one of two ways, either through
For now, this feature only works with music. Hopefully someday it will be be extended to movies, TV shows and the AppStore.