News tagged ‘nano’
Here is a small collection of funny pictures and video about Apple iPad:
Several NASA scientists are working on a project called Cell-All - compact, low-cost, low-power, high-speed nanosensor-based chemical sensor for cell phones.
The device is about the size of a postage stamp and is designed to be plugged in to an iPhone to collect, process and transmit sensor data. The new device is able to detect and identify low concentrations of airborne ammonia, chlorine gas and methane. The device senses chemicals in the air using a "sample jet" and a multiple-channel silicon-based sensing chip, which consists of 16 nanosensors, and sends detection data to another phone or a computer via telephone communication network or Wi-Fi.
Update: Here are new cool photos:
Here you can take a look at new Apple devices - iPod Touch, iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle:
During the It’s only rock and roll Apple spent some time discussing numbers. And as usual the numbers were huge. So here's what we've heard:
- 30 million iPhones sold
- 20 million iPod touches sold
That makes 50 million iPhone OS X platform device on the market, up from 45 million on July 21.
- 75,000 apps in the iTunes App Store
- 1.8 billion downloads (not counting updates)
In terms of games, compared with other mobile platforms, here’s the library count:
- 21,178 for Apple iPhone/iPod touch
- 3,680 for Nintendo DS
- 607 for Sony PSP
Apple has traditionally held media-focused keynote event each September to introduce new iTunes features and iPod updates:
- 2008: "Let's Rock" - iTunes 8 and new iPod touch, nano, and shuffle models.
- 2007: "The Beat Goes On" - original iPod touch, updates to the iPod line, iTunes 7.4 update, iPhone price drops.
- 2006: "It's Showtime" - iTunes 7 and iPod updates, Apple TV.
- 2005: "Here We Go Again" - Motorola ROKR mobile phone with iTunes support, the release of iTunes 5, introduction of the original iPod nano to replace the iPod mini.
Brando has just opened its new sales of the Mini Microphone Capsule for iPhone. This is a small accessory, to be entered into the headphone jack, which allows you to record sounds 10 better than the internal microphone. As you can see in the image, the microphone is flexible and adjustable, improves the sound by 25 dB and also works on iPod Nano 4G and iPod Touch 2G. The accessory costs $14. Here is a
The software will run on any PC with Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista installed. The only other requirement is an installation of Apple’s iTunes software. Pod To PC can copy music, videos and playlists from a supported device to the computer. Music and videos can be previewed and filtered on the iPod or iPhone prior to transferring them.
Among the enhancements in this release:
- Seamlessly plays the current song when creating a new Genius playlist.
- Improves syncing spoken menus to iPod nano.
- Addresses an issue of deleting HD TV episodes when downloading.
- Improves checking for updates from the App Store
- Improves accessibility with VoiceOver.
- Addresses problems syncing Genius results to iPod.
The new release is available through Software Update or
Separately, iFixIt dissected the new iPod nano and observed that the unit's 3.2 mm wide dock connector "looks pretty big compared to the iPod" itself, making it unlikely that Apple will be able to slim down player any further without developing a new dock connector.
A particularly surprising find was that the new nano uses a real piece of curved glass, "about .7 mm thick on the edges, and 1.7 mm thick in the middle," to cover the LCD display. The glass is said to be completely separate from the player's anodized aluminum enclosure, with nothing holding it in place outside the force of the adjacent components.
The LCD itself "is actually almost exactly the same size as the 3rd Gen Nano LCD," iFixIt said, with the only difference being a resolution of 240x320 rather than 320x240.
Among the nano's internal components are a Apple-branded ARM processor manufactured by Samsung in July with on-board DRAM on-package, three other small Apple-branded chips of unknown origin, and an 8 GB Toshiba flash chip. "Unfortunately, the battery is soldered to the logic board," iFixIt said. "Replacing the Nano's battery isn't going to be easy."
via appleinsider and ifixit
iTunes 8 includes Genius, which makes playlists from songs in your library that go great together. Genius also includes Genius sidebar, which recommends music from the iTunes Store that you don’t already have.
With iTunes 8, browse your artists and albums visually with the new Grid view; download your favorite TV shows in HD quality from the iTunes Store; sync your media with iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation); and enjoy a stunning new music visualizer.
iTunes 8 and
It is available via Software Update, or download it from
IPhone and IPhone3G do not support A2DP technology. Now they do
"A2DP is designed to transfer a uni-directional 2-channel stereo audio stream, like music from an MP3 player, to a headset or car radio." -
This device will work on iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod nano, iPod Color and iPod Mini. The price is $62 at
- Bluetooth Version: Version 2.0 compliant, Class II
- Bluetooth Support profile: A2DP, AVRCP
- RF Frequency: 2.4GHz / 79 Channel / AFH
- Coverage Range: Bluetooth standard 33 feet (10 meters)
- Power Supply: DC 3.3V