News tagged ‘3D’
According to the report of Devicescape, Wi-Fi applications developer, smartphone users prefer to use Wi-Fi rather than 3G.
During the servey 81% users would like to connect to Wi-Fi for internet browsing and email sending. About 86% said that Wi-Fi modules in phones are necessary. 82% would like to have special tariffs for 3G/Wi-Fi.
About 84% of people would like to see Wi-Fi spots everywhere. 56% of them are ready to pay for Wi-Fi service.
A new iPhone app called CubeCheater helps you solve the classic Rubik's Cube puzzle toy using a mix of sophisticated algorithms and simple image-recognition technology. CubeCheater sells for $0.99 in the App Store (
Here's how it works. You take six pictures of your mixed up Rubik's Cube using the iPhone's camera — one photo per side. If you have an iPod Touch, you can also tap in the color combos manually. CubeCheater is able to recognize the placement of each colored square and generate a 3D map of your cube. It then figures out the quickest path to solving the puzzle and gives you a set of easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions.
Now iPhone users can search in Safari browser. This is one of the features I was waiting for a long time.
Cube is a singleplayer and multiplayer first person shooter. This opensource game is built on an entirely new and very unconventional engine.
The game is free, here is AppStore
Control your computer wirelessly with the multi-touch features of the new MacBook line!
For both Mac and Windows:
- Wireless touchpad
- PowerPoint clicker
- Control your media
- Multi-touch access to Task Switcher
- Automated discovery
Specially for Mac:
- Zoom your Mac screen
- Multi-touch access to Expose
No install required on Mac, although free modified Vine Server will give you access to media keys (Play/Pause, etc.). For Windows, free modified TightVNC server will also give you access to media keys.
The price is dropped for a limited time from $4.99 to $0. AppStore
Michael Koppelman is an iPhone developer and model rocket enthusiast. He decided that combining his two hobbies together would be a good idea. He created an app that constantly polled the iPhone’s GPS and accelerometers, logging them to a file and then transmitting the data from the GPS over the web so that the unit could be located if it became lost.
Here is a 3D plat with data from GPS:
More graphics and video:
TyroTuner is a microphone-based utility that tunes the standard six-string guitar. Select what string you want to tune, and then play the guitar string...the needle will tell you whether you need to tune up or down.
The application costed $2.99, but it is now free for a limited time. Here is the AppStore
TouchTerm is a complete and fully-featured SSH terminal application, with an intuitive interface includes:
- Translucent UI support allows typing while using the entire screen for displaying terminal output
- Complete server, connection, and password management
- RSA/DSA public key authentication
- VT100 Terminal Emulation: Use top, screen, emacs, vi -- virtually any console application
- Wi-Fi and EDGE/3G support: access and administer your servers from anywhere
- Full special-key support including Ctrl, Esc, Tab, and arrow keys
- Landscape mode support, configurable font size and color
- A polished, iPhone-standard interface
This application is free for a limited time. The price dropped from $2.99 to 0. Here is AppStore
Cooliris, the popular browser extension that revolutionizes the way you view media. Now it is available as an application for iPhone and iPod Touch. Cooliris makes finding news and search results a breeze by displaying them as an endlessly streaming 3D Wall, complementing the touch screen perfectly.
This application is free, avaliable via AppStore (
- 3D Wall makes finding and viewing content easy, and fun
- Discover provides you with news on-the-go: stay on top of the latest current events
- Get the full story: Read more inline without having to jump to the web browser
How to use:
- 1-Finger Swipe - Scroll the wall a screen length
- Pinch / Expand Wall - Zoom in/out
- Single Tap - Select Media or go full screen
- Tilt Wall - Scroll the wall by tilting the device left or right
- Press Title Bar Menu Button - Select the item to go one deeper
- Press Cooliris Logo - Go home
- Finger Swipe Submenu - Slide the sub-menu items to see more
- Click the Envelope - Share media via the default Mail Client
- Click the Metadata - Opens the containing page web page
- Click the 'i' Info icon - Shows/Hides the metadata panel
Watch the video:
This is a nice game. It is now free, the price dropped from $2.99 to $0. But this is a limited time offer until sometime between Nov 3 - 7.
Here is an AppStore
iRa application is the most expensive iPhone application. It costs $899.99 (AppStore
- Easily view many video feeds simultaneously
- Full screen video view
- PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) control for camera motion
- Familiar finger drag and pinch controls
- Group cameras for quick access
- Automatic discovery of properly configured network cameras
Here is a demo video:
A new eBook application called
The eBook application will be available for $2.99 in the App Store "soon", and includes 12 "classics" including Alice in Winterland, Call of the Wild, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea and more. They also promise that the collection will keep growing with free software updates.
Another nice application became free today. The price dropped from $1.99 to $0. The app is called Record (AppStore
- Launch and shake to start recording, or if you prefer, use the button on the lower right toolbar.
- Pause and resume recordings.
- Search recording titles.
- Organise recordings into folders.
- Setup smart folders based on keywords, or the location you recorded.
- Email recordings from your iPhone (15 minute recordings or shorter).
- Rename and reorder recordings.
- Seek and pause during playback.
- Compressed IMA4 AIFF format.
- Records when iPhone is locked.
NOTE: iPod Touch 2nd Gen users will need an Apple headset with microphone to use Record.