News tagged ‘iPod Touch’
Hulu officially announced their Hulu Plus service for iOS Devices. The application is available via AppStore for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. With Hulu users will be able to stream in HD entire current seasons of shows such as Glee, Modern Family, The Office and 30 Rock as well as the entire back library of many other shows, such as Arrested Development, The X-Files and Heroes. These can be viewed on TV, computer, iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch over Wi-Fi or 3G.
Below is a short walkthrough of the application:
You can download the latest version here.
We recommend to read DevTeam instructions
DevTeam successfully jailbreaked new iOS 4. They updated jailbreak utility redsn0w to version 0.9.5b5-3. Supported devices are iPhone3G and iPod Touch 2G (not MC). New redsn0w is also able to hacktivate iOS 4.0 for iPhone3G.
You can download redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 here:
For latest version we recommend to use our utilities page.
UPDATE: iBooks issue fixed in new redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4.
This update contains over 100 new features, including the following:
• Multitasking support for third-party apps*
– Multitasking user interface to quickly move between apps
– Support for audio apps to play in the background
– VoIP apps can receive and maintain calls in the background or when device is asleep
– Apps can monitor location and take action while running in the background
– Alerts and messages can be pushed to apps using push and local notifications
– Apps can complete tasks in the background
• Folders to better organize and access apps
• Home screen Wallpaper*
• Mail improvements
– Unified inbox to view emails from all accounts in one place
– Fast inbox switching to quickly switch between different email accounts
– Threaded messages to view multiple emails from the same conversation
– Attachments can be opened with compatible third-party apps
– Search results can now be filed or deleted
– Option to select size of photo attachments
– Messages in the Outbox can be edited or deleted
Apple has just released iOS4: the highly anticipated operating system update for iPhone and iPod Touch. The update is free for both iPhone and iPod Touch. Some functionality is limited for some models. For example multitasking will not work on iPhone 3G.
You can download iOS 4 now by connecting your device to iTunes and hitting Check for Update. The other option is to download it directly. Here are the links:
For other earlier models, like iPhone 2G, there is no iOS 4. The version for iPad is on its way. Stay tuned.
- Instant messaging;
- Viewing and commenting friends' status updates and photos from Windows Live, MySpace, Facebook and some other;
- IM notification even if the app is closed;
- Uploading photos from the phone for sharing;
- Accessing Hotmail accounts.
If you just want to know about all new iOS4 features quickly here's a great video that introduces iOS4 in 10 minutes. iPhone 3GS is used in this video. If you have iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G you won’t get the multitasking.
A new Apple’s patent application entitled “Digital Radio Tagging Using an RF Tuner Accessory” has been revealed this week. It describes an HD Radio technology that may be later delivered to iPod touch and iPhone and gives its users greater flexibility in interaction with broadcast media. Nowadays HD Radio is a trademarked wireless radio format that allows FM and AM radio stations to simulcast analog and digital audio at the same time on the same channel. Currently it is owned by iBiquity.
Read the rest of this entry »
Because of an upcoming iOS 4 and iPhone 4 Apple released new version of iTunes which has a number of significant improvements that listed below:
- Synchronizing with iPhone 4;
- Synchronizing and reading ebooks with iPod touch or iPhone with iBooks 1.1 and iOS 4;
- Synchronizing and reading PDF documents as books in iBooks 1.1;
- Organizing apps into folders on iOS 4 home screen via iTunes;
- Improved back-up speed while syncing an iPod touch or iPhone with iOS4;
- Improved artwork appearing speed when exploring media library.
Today Apple released a new application for the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad that allows customers to find the company's local stores, purchase its products, read customer reviews and so on. It's called simply an Apple Store and it’s free. The app requires the device running iOS 3.0 or later and has only English interface.
Here is a short list of available features:
Read the rest of this entry »
Hackers who created the Spirit jailbreak have successfully been able to run flash content on the iPhone. Hopefully an acceptable Flash player will arrive soon for jailbreaked iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches.
Recently AdMob revealed a new metrics report that studied the numbers of iPhone OS and Adroid devices throughout the world. The company emphasized it was looking only at the devices that were at least once connected to the AdMob network:
"These unique device numbers are from the AdMob network only and reflect the adoption of our products and business operation. We don’t know what percentage of the total universe of iPhone and Android devices AdMob reaches. However we believe the data is useful on a relative basis given the large sample size of devices in our network."
So here are the main facts and conclusions along with figures:
Read the rest of this entry »
Because of Apple and Google success on a mobile device market Microsoft is going to conduct "major organizational changes" in its Entertainment and Devices Division that is currently responsible for Xbox, Zune and Windows Phone. It looks like first step has been already taken - the work on the dual-screen tablet named Courier had been canned. This allegedly caused its main developer J Allard to leave the company. Further changes will affect on the team that develops Windows Phone 7 mobile OS. The latter must be introduced this fall.
Nick Wingfield from the Wall Street Journal wrote Microsoft lose its positions mainly because of its Windows Mobile OS that had been criticized much for years.
Microsoft's division of Entertainment and Devices also develops portable media players named Zune. The latest Zune HD received many positive reviews but couldn't rival with tremendously popular iPod touch.
Yesterday Apple officially presented its new back-to-school promotion. This is an annual sale, when school faculty and students can purchase a Mac and get a 8GB iPod touch for free. Apple claims on its website:
"Take a free 8GB iPod touch to school. Along with tons of other great features, iPod touch has built-in Wi-Fi for downloading thousands of games, movies, songs, apps, and amazing, free educational content from iTunes U."
If you have an education discount, along with acquiring new iPod touch you can save $50 on a low-end MacBook, $100 on a MacBook Air and iMac desktop and $200 on a MacBook Pro. Such educational discounts are available to staff and faculty of K-12 schools, and to students, professors and staff of any college.
The deal applies between May 25 and Sept. 7, 2010. Those who doesn't want to get free iPod touch can receive a $199 discount for purchasing 160GB iPod classic or a higher-capacity iPod touch, a $179 discount for a 16GB iPod nano, $149 discount for a 8GB iPod nano, $99 discount for a stainless steel 4Gb iPod shuffle, and $79 discount for a regular 4GB iPod shuffle.
Customers can use their educational discounts in an Apple online store, retail stores, authorized campus stores or call 1-800-MY-APPLE.
For those who doesn't like iTunes for its restrictions and lockdown on music and files a new solution has been delivered to the BigBoss repository and it’s called PwnTunes.
PwnTunes allows copying files from iPhone or iPod touch to PC just after plugging the sync cable. There is no tethering for only one PC, so you can use your device anywhere you want. Other features include:
- Music files are normally named after the original filenames on the PC and without gibberish encoding.
- Deleting songs and any other type of files directly via USB (iDevice works as USB device)
- Loading cover.jpg/folder.jpg from same folder as cover
- Album name is taken from folder's name if no album ID3 tag found, artist name is taken from parent folder's name if no artist ID3 tag found
The app currently is currently compatible only with Windows (XP/Vista/7), but the developers promise the Mac support to be delivered soon. The price is €9.99. No additional software on PC is required, you just need to launch Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice and install PwnTunes from Data Storage Section. When installed, connect you iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad via USB and the app will ask you to buy License or download it if you have already purchased one.