iPhone OS 3.1 beta 2 released: what's new?
Apple released new SDK and new firmware and 3.1 beta 2. Unless you have a developer account with Apple, don't plugging your iPhone into iTunes, you're not going to have access to it. However here is an unofficial changelist:
- Minor release focused more to fix the bugs.
- New APIs for video and images. It appears that there will be many applications in AppStore, suitable to apply effects on a video or create animated slideshow.
- Xcode bug-fixes.
- More items have been localized, such as "In Play", "Request access WiFi".
- Developers will be able to use WiFi for debuging, etc.
- Baseband is now version 05:10:01. This means that all those who use unlock - do not update yet.
- The iPhone is heated much less.
- Old method to turn tethering on does not work anymore.
UPDATE: Here are direct links to download firmware 3.1 b2:
We remind you that if you phones UUID is not on Apple's list your device will not be able to activate after update to 3.1b2. Use on your own risk!
Follow us on