News tagged ‘Apple’
This game made it to Top 3 in US AppStore. Very nice.
This game is free. Here is a
Watch the video:
This app is free through 1/31/09.
Bikini Blast gives you a great selection of sizzling bikini wallpaper for your iPhone, with new photos added daily. Categories include: Beach Babes, Blonde Bombshells, Beautiful Brunettes, Ravishing Redheads, Girl Next Door, Lovely Latinas, Hot Moms, Adult Swim, Thongs, Hot Rod Hotties and Exotic Beauties. Just for fun, we've even added some sexy lingerie photos in our new Pajama Party category.
Download as many photos as you want, set them as your wallpaper and even send them to your friends.
Here is AppStore
According to a
Nokia leads the market with 38.6% share with Samsung in a distant second with 16.2%. Apple’s closest rival RIM (Research in Motion) is slightly ahead of Apple with 1.9%.
A new iPhone app called CubeCheater helps you solve the classic Rubik's Cube puzzle toy using a mix of sophisticated algorithms and simple image-recognition technology. CubeCheater sells for $0.99 in the App Store (
Here's how it works. You take six pictures of your mixed up Rubik's Cube using the iPhone's camera — one photo per side. If you have an iPod Touch, you can also tap in the color combos manually. CubeCheater is able to recognize the placement of each colored square and generate a 3D map of your cube. It then figures out the quickest path to solving the puzzle and gives you a set of easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions.
MacRumors has discovered that iPhone's firmware has evidence of the next generation iPhone which has been designated "iPhone2,1". This new model number can be found in the USBDeviceConfiguration.plist in an unencrypted firmware.
Apple uses these models numbers to distinguish between different hardware models. The original iPhone carries the model number of "iPhone 1,1" while the 3G iPhone is labeled "iPhone 1,2". These numbers do not change for simple storage increases and instead represent functionally different devices. Similarly, the iPod Touch was originally introduced as the "iPod 1,1" and the most recent hardware revision was labeled "iPod2,1".
Meanwhile, at least one developer has noticed actual "iPhone2,1" models in use based on PinchMedia ad serving reports.
- AT&T has activated 4.3 million iPhone 3Gs since its launch, 1.9 million in Q4 alone — more than double its iPhone activations one year earlier.
- The average revenue from Phone users is 60% higher than the typical AT&T customer — thanks to that $30 per month data fee. Their heavy use of Web services helped drive AT&T wireless data use up 51.2% year to year, which as reader Jon in Brentwood, Calif., points out is not necessarily a good thing.
- About 40% of the iPhone activations this quarter were new AT&T customers, either buying their first cellphone or switching from another carrier.
- The churn rate — the percentage of customers who drop AT&T’s service — among iPhone owners is significantly lower than the rest of the network, sharply reducing marketing costs.
The iPhone is still an expensive proposition for AT&T. The payback to Apple is between $288 and $432 per phone over the life of a 2-year contract. The company spent $450 million last quarter on network upgrades to provide high-speed 3G coverage.
On the other hand, Q4 revenues were up 2.4% (to $31.1 billion) in a tough economic climate thanks to results in the wireless division that CEO Randall Stephenson attributed largely to the iPhone.
Apple has release an update to their SDK (software developer kit). This was done hours after apple releases their update to their iPhone iTouch firmware. To download the sdk you just need to log in to the
Apple has just pushed out Firmware 2.2.1 for iPhone and iPhone 3G, iPod touch, iPod touch 2G. You can download them
This update contains bug fixes and improvements:
- Version 2.2.1 (Build 5H11)
- Modem Firmware 02.30.03
- Improved general stability of Safari
- Fixed issue where some images saved from Mail do not display correctly in the Camera Roll
- Fixed issue that caused some Apple Lossless (ALAC) to skip during playback
- Unofficially Apple fixed SMS bug: users suddenly experience inability to send SMS text messages on the iPhone 3G, receiving the message "error sending" upon attempting to send.
U.S. Patent Office has awarded Apple the
358 page patent application incorporates patent applications filed as far back as September 2006. The application details the implementation of Multi-Touch on the iPhone alongside numerous diagrams of the device itself. Steve Jobs is prominently listed amongst the inventors along with other notable individuals such as Scott Forstall and Wayne Westerman.
The Public Radio Tuner (appstore
First of all these icons can be viewed on any iPhone with 2.2 firmware. But to be able to send these icons users need to perform additional actions. There are 4 ways to turn them on and 2 of them are free:
Solution N1 for $5.99:
In AppStore buy and install
Solution N2 for $0.99:
In AppStore buy and install
Solution N3 for Free:
This application adds boolean ‘true’ key KeyboardEmojiEverywhere edits in /User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Preferences.plist. You can do it manually if you want.
Solution N3 for Free:
Step 1. Download the vcard.vcf
Step 2. Import it to your address book program. If you are using Windows, you may want to do it on iPhone directly. Send the vcard.vcf file to yourself. Open in on iPhone’s Email.app, click the vcf file and import all the contacts.
Step 3. Go into “Settings” > “General” > “Keyboard” > “Japanese Keyboard”. Enable the QWERTY keyboard.
Step 4. In notes or any other program you want. Type “emojia”, “emojii” or “emojiu” to select those icons.
I like Solution N3. It is free and simple. You do not need to play with contacts and etc. But you need to jailbreak an iPhone.