News tagged ‘bug’
You can update via software update in iTunes or just download it
Here is the read me information:
iTunes 8.1 is now faster and more responsive. You will enjoy noticeable improvements when working with large libraries, browsing the iTunes Store, preparing to sync with iPod or iPhone, and optimizing photos for syncing.
In addition, iTunes 8.1 provides many other improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation)
- Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ
- Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows
- Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs
- Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods
- Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus
- Includes many accessibility improvements
- Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls
Clippy is an iPhone addition from Cydia for copy/paste functionality. It was updated to version 0.96-1. Many issues are resolved and a lot of bugs fixed. Among these are: the ability to copy text from Safari, the ability to copy text from messages or biteSMS and Fix for the Mail application, many different crashes, etc.
- Press-and-hold on list items to invoke Clippy on static text
- Press-and-hold on the keyboard's "123" button to invoke Clippy on editable text
- Tap-pause-and-drag to highlight portions of editable text (except in web pages)
Install from Cydia on a jailbreaked iPhone or iPod Touch.
Here are several photos that show how Clippy works:
iSpazio published several screenshots of an app called SpinBoard. SpinBoard will be available in three different versions, and they've got the third one, rotating icons only 90, 180 and 270 degrees, just as the video shows.
It is not without bugs, however it works nice on the iPhone and very very poorly on iPod Touch.
SouthPark Mobile is a very nice application. However it was slow and buggy. Recently version 1.1 was released. The developers fixed many issues and improved overall performance.
New version is avaliable in Cydia, section Multimedia.
iBluetooth application is almost ready. This application will allow the file transfer through the iPhone Bluetooth. iSpazio got it, and Medevil is fixing some of the bugs they found. The app will be released through the iSpazio Repository in Cydia as soon as important bugs will be fixed.
You can watch the video of iBluetooth here.
This app didn't work very well in the past. Today has been updated up to version 1.2, which adds numerous bug fixes and real-time turn tracking. It does indeed provide turn-by-turn directions (distance countdown to each turn) by way of GPS. Local points of interest (Food, Fuel, etc.) can be found, addresses can be searched, routes can be edited, detours added, and types of roads can be avoided (highways, toll roads, etc.). If a turn is missed, the route is recalculated. By having actual maps stored on the device itself, it does not require the use of an active internet connection to pull mapping data (like Google Maps).
The 800-900 MB applications each cost $19.99 and carry regional maps for the Western and Eastern halves of the United States (Europe coming soon, some time in March).
Version 0.9.8 adds strability and fixes some bugs. So If everything works fine, I reccomend just leave it like it is. For example, I use 0.9.6 and feel happy with 2.2 firmware.
Apple has just pushed out Firmware 2.2.1 for iPhone and iPhone 3G, iPod touch, iPod touch 2G. You can download them
This update contains bug fixes and improvements:
- Version 2.2.1 (Build 5H11)
- Modem Firmware 02.30.03
- Improved general stability of Safari
- Fixed issue where some images saved from Mail do not display correctly in the Camera Roll
- Fixed issue that caused some Apple Lossless (ALAC) to skip during playback
- Unofficially Apple fixed SMS bug: users suddenly experience inability to send SMS text messages on the iPhone 3G, receiving the message "error sending" upon attempting to send.
Now icq.com created ICQ application for iPhone. It is avaliable for free via AppStore (link). The first version is rather buggy. But we are looking forward to see next release.
"Bug fixes. Enhanced version number.".
Nice. Here is an AppStore
The popular application Cydia Installer is updated. Minor bugs fixed. Cydia is now a bit more stable (especially on 2.1 firmware) and users will get lewss "Bad URL" errors.
Avaliable in Cydia.