News tagged ‘bug’
The Dev-Team, after a little advice last night, has released an updated for ultrasn0w, the tool that provides unlock for the iPhone 3G and 3GS.
Through a message on Twitter we found out that this new version fixes a slight bug that appeared when we turn off Airplane mode. So if you have problems - go ahead and update. The update is also recommended for everybody else.
Avaliable in Cydia, repository http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com.
Here is an answer from Tom Neumayr (the same as Apple):
"As we have said before, the new versions of iTunes will not sync with digital readers are not supported, or rather, those who pretend via Software to be an iPod, including the Palm Pre".
Palm's answer was quite simple:
"Get an older version of iTunes and enjoy syncronization".
Apple has released a minor update to iTunes, version 8.2.1 available via pop up when you open iTunes, or when you launch Apple Software Update:
iTunes 8.2.1 provides a number of important bug fixes and addresses an issue with verification of Apple devices.
What it does, is it breaks Palm Pre sync. Maybe there are some other fixes. If you use jailbreak, we do NOT recommend you this upgrade. Other users can download it
FontSwap is the program that can change the style of the text in the entire system. Want to change the font in a lock screen - no problem.
It has recently been updated to version 1.5. New version fixes some bugs and adds some small new features. First you will have the opportunity to fully restore the original system fonts through a convenient button "Restore Default Fonts." Also the alignment bug is resolved.
You can find FontSwap in Cydia (repository BigBoss).
Apple released new SDK and new firmware and 3.1 beta 2. Unless you have a developer account with Apple, don't plugging your iPhone into iTunes, you're not going to have access to it. However here is an unofficial changelist:
- Minor release focused more to fix the bugs.
- New APIs for video and images. It appears that there will be many applications in AppStore, suitable to apply effects on a video or create animated slideshow.
- Xcode bug-fixes.
- More items have been localized, such as "In Play", "Request access WiFi".
- Developers will be able to use WiFi for debuging, etc.
- Baseband is now version 05:10:01. This means that all those who use unlock - do not update yet.
- The iPhone is heated much less.
- Old method to turn tethering on does not work anymore.
UPDATE: Here are direct links to download firmware 3.1 b2:
Skype, the application for iPhone and iPod Touch through which you can call and chat for free with your Skype contacts, has been updated to version 1.1. This is an update adds some small improvements and bug fixes.
What's new in version 1.1
- Support for the following languages: English, German, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Spanish, Norwegian, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Italian, French, Polish and Japanese.
- Send text (SMS) messages using Skype credit.
- Voicemail support.
- Improved dialing help when calling phones.
Skype is avaliable in AppStore for free (
Here's another bug in firmware 3.0 which concerns the unusual vibration applications AppStore.
You can see some icons on Springboard vibrate naturally, while others still remain. The only way to solve this problem is to click on an icon to display the (X) to delete, and then click the Home button.
These are the first images of a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS. GeoHotz published them in his blog. DevTeam will publish an updated release of the tool only after the release of firmware 3.0.1. The reason is simple: Given that the Firmware 3.0 is full of bugs, it is clear that Apple will release an update soon. If the DevTeam release new tool, Apple will probably be able to block them with the next update. Tomorrow afternoon we will find more details on the official DevTeam blog. By the way firmware 3.0.1 is scheduled to be released in July.
Here is a list of changes from iSapzio (sorry, screenshots are in Italian):
1. You can now enter to Settings-Store to see the balance and billing information:
2. Another change concerns volume control in the iPod app (or the "Music" on iPod Touch). While using Firmware 3.0 beta 4 on iPod Touch first generation, we can see that the controls for the volume are gone. This is an intelligent system, that turns on and off volume control, depending on USB, headphones and AD2P connection:
3. Fixed problems with iPhoto and displaying thumbnails of the screenshots / images from the CameraRoll.
The new version 1.2.7 of xgps is available in Cydia. Here is the list of changes:
- fixed problems with directions in Japanese,
- the speed is improved,
- awaiting between notification sound and voice guidance decreased,
- the voice of xgps now works even if the iPhone is in Silent mode,
- added new features that let you zoom with a double tap on the map (it does not work yet) and to zoom out with a triple tap on the screen (this should work),
- several bugs fixed,
- the display of the StatusBar is correced,
- displaying the wrong direction bug fixed,
- the interaction with the user interface is improved.
Here is a changelog of new iPhone firmware 3.0 beta 3:
- The “Store” entry in Settings App still links to a blank page.
- The keyboard background becomes black in every phone number box. It may be a bug.
- The Skype app gives an error on its first launch.
Greater overall speed.
- Sometimes the SMS sending freezes. It could be caused by the keyboard bug.
- Better integration for Push Notifications APIs.
- Better Audio APIs (probably for A2DP).
- Error correction works better.
- iTunes synchronization now requires less time.
- Youtube app now works on every device.
- The MMS and Tethering old bundle does not work anymore.
- Spotlight saves last seach data.
- Users can assign home screen.
- Parental control.
- Users can disable In-App Purchase.
- Ability to hide the text of a message just received.
Apple updated iTunes to version 8.1.1. Official changelog is: "iTunes 8.1.1 adds support for renting HD movies and provides a number of bug fixes, including addressing issues with VoiceOver and syncing with iPhone or iPod touch.". Download it
Here is an unofficial changelog of iPhone 3.0 beta2 firmware:
- Better Spotlight feature
- Better Copy-Cut-Paste
- Greater speed and overall stability
- MMS natively supported (without any hack) for a lot of new countries
- In-App Purchase first APIs released
- Push notifications first APIs released
- New APIs available to developers
- Bugs afflicting Beta 1 fixed
- Safari’s lower bar is no more transparent
- New “Store” entry in Settings App: it links to a blank page
- Contacts now divided in “All contacts”, “All contacts on My iPhone” and “All contacts (Mobile Me)”
- New Safari’s landscape mode when clicking on a image or a link
- Anti-phishing mode in Safari. Activate it in Settings App > Safari, switching Fraud alert ON. The green title bar on 3.0 firmware means a security certified and reliable website. The “htpps” protocol icon instead has been moved on the left of the title.
- SpringBoard has now up to 11 pages and 180 applications.
Clippy is an iPhone addition from Cydia for copy/paste functionality. It was updated to version 0.97-2. The main bug that was fixes is a crash of different applications such as Notes, Safari, Mail and others where the animation was drawn. New version also added a language pack, improved the animation of the menu, full support for selecting editable text in web views, themes support and a lot more.
Avaliable via Cydia for jailbreaked iPhones.
Full changelog for 0.97 updates: