News tagged ‘statusbar’
Apple recently released new iOS 6 beta 2 for developers. It is available as an OTA update or as a download here. Apple also updated Xcode 4.5 developer preview 2, Apple TV beta 2 as well.
When you download and install iOS 6.0 Beta 2 OTA the Settings icon animates. Take a look:
It seems that many users are experiencing WiFi connectivity issues on devices running the latest iOS 4.3.3. These issues are nothing new to iOS but this time it appears they’re affecting iPhone and iPod touch models as well. A device fails to connect to a network or is unable to navigate; the WiFi icon doesn’t appear in the statusbar even if the device is actually connected; the device randomly disconnects from a network.
Cydia lead developer Jay Freeman released Cydia 1.1.1. You can update it in Cydia. It became much faster and more stable.
Features of new Cydia will include:
- the ability to run and operate Activator, libstatusbar, and SimulatedKeyEvents while Cydia is running
- an overall speed improvement, including the “Loading Changes” dialog
- “much less” memory usage
- a more advanced search mechanism with a new relevancy algorithm
- better management of broken repositories
Here is a full changelog discussion from Saurik:
Musicbar is a new Tweak from user Gi-Lo that lets you control the music from the StatusBar.
Operation is very simple: install the tweak via Cydia and run it via a tap on the name of your operator. Now we can control the playback directly from the StatusBar.
The new version 1.2.7 of xgps is available in Cydia. Here is the list of changes:
- fixed problems with directions in Japanese,
- the speed is improved,
- awaiting between notification sound and voice guidance decreased,
- the voice of xgps now works even if the iPhone is in Silent mode,
- added new features that let you zoom with a double tap on the map (it does not work yet) and to zoom out with a triple tap on the screen (this should work),
- several bugs fixed,
- the display of the StatusBar is correced,
- displaying the wrong direction bug fixed,
- the interaction with the user interface is improved.
Clippy is an iPhone addition for copy/paste functionality. It was updated to version 0.98. There are significant improvements that make the application much more stable, and moreover it is important to note that starting from now, Clippit becomes a completely free.
Changelog for 0.98: March 29, 2009:
We had a post about SBSettings - the future of BossPrefs (
SBSettings doenst have an icon so after you install to access it you must slide across the statusbar (aka the top bar that displays service, time, battery, etc.)
Current version is 0.92. But the application is updated almost every day.
The toggles drop down when you swipe along the status bar. It is very fast and can be used while in any app without exiting the app. Suppose you are in Safari but realize your 3g is not yet enabled. Just swipe the statusbar and toggle 3g, than resume in Safari where you left off. The advantage is there is no need to exit Safari and load settings or bossprefs.
The look and feel of this new app will be something like this: