News tagged ‘айфон 3gs’
GeoHot released blackra1n. blackra1n is a 30 second ALL device firmware 3.1.2 jailbreak. There is even supports for iPod Touch 3G jailbreak. For now there is only a version for Windows, but the Mac version should be released soon (UPDATE: Mac version is ready)
Download blackra1n utility
Warning iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS unlockers, do not upgrade to firmware 3.1.2 using iTunes, if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded.
PS: Blackra1n doesn't hacktivate the device.
Geohot registered a new site called blackra1n.com, where he will publish the universal firmware 3.1 OTB jailbreak utility.
Geohot published new photo, where we can see the file called "ipt3_jailbroken". This means that he was able to unlock the iPod Touch 3G and run the Jailbreak. He said that this the same exploit works with in iPhone 3GS firmware 3.0 and 3.1 native.
It looks like we will see his new tool with classic buttons to run the Jailbreak in 10 seconds quite soon.
Difrnt.com published a tool that might help in the downgrade of firmware 3.1 to 3.0 (or if you’re lucky 3.0.1) using
This tool is ONLY for 3Gs iPhones and is NOT a jailbreak method!
Download 3Gs Downgrade Assistant
The DevTeam has just released Pwnage Tool 3.1-3, the new version of the tool for Mac OS that lets you run the jailbreak on iPhones and iPod Touch with firmware 3.1. The new version adds limited support for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G. It still works with iPhone 2G (EDGE), iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G.
The iPhone 3GS is now supported in PwnageTool 3.1.3, assuming the phone was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1 - PwnageTool does not support the 3GS out of the box. If your iPhone 3GS has 3.1 preinstalled and is not Pwned then there is no tested jailbreak solution at the moment.
The iPod 2G is now supported in PwnageTool 3.1.3, assuming the iPod 2G was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1 - PwnageTool does not support the iPod 2G with 3.1 software out of the box.
You can download in Pwnage Tool 3.1-3 here.
Finally here are come good news for all iPhone 3GS owners. The DevTeam has managed to perform jailbreak on iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.1!
This means that the exploit worked and that the new Pwnage Tool will soon be able to run the iPhone 3GS Jailbreak with firmware 3.1. We will keep you updated!
Want to know some more about Apple’s upcoming iTablet device? There are many rumor names (iTablet, iPad, MacBook Touch, etc), but not much details. Site ilounge claim to receive some new rumors from a reliable source:
- Apple has created at least three separate prototypes of its tablet computer.
- Version 1 was designed with a 7” screen, which was judged to be too small. The latest version has a 10.7” screen.
- It runs iPhone OS.
- There have been reports that it looks like an iPhone. They’re sort of true. It looks like an iPhone 3G, complete with a curved back.
- It will come in two different variations: one with 3G networking capabilities, and one without 3G networking capabilities. Think of the 3G version as a bigscreen iPhone 3GS, and the non-3G version as a bigscreen iPod touch.
- Screen resolutions will obviously jump considerably from the iPhone and iPod touch 480x320-pixel displays, enabling easy reading of full-sized book and magazine pages, plus cropped newspaper pages. Expect something like 5-6 times the resolution of an iPod touch or iPhone screen (720p or thereabouts) and 7 times the touchable surface area.
- It is designed to expand the iPhone and iPod touch media concept to its next potential level: as a slate-like replacement for books and magazines, plus all of the media, gaming, app, and web functionality of the iPhone and iPod touch.
- It is not meant to compete with netbooks. It’s an iPhone OS media player and light communication device.
- Apple is currently planning to announce it on or before January 19, 2010, and to use an iPhone-like hype buildup period to start selling it in May or June.
- It is apparently awaiting a final green light from Steve Jobs; chances of it appearing in the market are believed to be 80% at this point.
Not bad. But still this is unofficial..
AdMob, a company that supplies advertising services for iPhone developers, says that between September 15th and 22nd only 23% of devices were updated to iPhone OS 3.1. This counts only devices that run apps with AdMob ads.
Some more statistics: 51% are still running OS 3.0, and 19% are still running v2.2.1, while 7% are still running v2.0 or earlier.
The reasons, as always, are very different. The update for the iPod Touch costs money, there are problems with internet tethering in 3.1, there is no firmware 3.1 jailbreak tool for Windows and it is impossible to jailbreak iPhone 3GS.
Have you perfomed the upgrade or not? Please, leave a comment why.
An iPhone 3GS user claims he sent and received 662,258 SMS in 30 days. Now he owns a 13,000 pages bill from AT&T
Assuming that the video is not entirely fake, sending and receiving 22,075 messages per day is certainly not something that could be done manually. Nice job!
Manuel Eder created a video where iPhone 3GS transformes and obtains a physical landscape keyboard. The video is really well done and leaves you speechless. I wish it were real.
MacWorld performed several tests between all the Apple devices: iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 2G, iPod Touch 3G. Here are the results, all in one table:
Here are two cool videos that show iPhone 3GS in X-Ray:
DevTeam released PwnageTool 3.1. This utility will allow users of iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch to run jailbreaked firmware 3.1. We still recommend staying on firmware 3.0/3.0.1 for as long as possible. The 3.1 firmware is not worth it. But if you really want 3.1. Here are the details:
- If you are using a 3G iPhone with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should only upgrade to 3.1 with a PwnageTool created .ipsw. Never update using Apple's unmodified firmware. Stay away from Apple’s direct updates.
- This version of PwnageTool WILL NOT work for the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G/3G.
- PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.
- It works only with Mac OS X.
- Future releases of PwnageTool and RedSn0w will be soon with more functionality.
Here is per device info:
iPhone 3G (unlocked): This model of iPhone 3G doesn’t have an Service Provider lock (aka factory unlocked) and you are able to put any SIM card into the phone and get service. Your phone is already unlocked so you do not need to worry about baseband updates, simply upgrade to 3.1 using iTunes and then use PwnageTool to create an ipsw and then use this to jailbreak your phone.
iPhone 3G (locked): You need to preserve 3.0 baseband. Create a custom firmware.
iPhone 2G (1st Generation): Use PwnageTool to do the magic and then restore with iTunes using your newly created .ipsw, you don’t need to worry about anything, the baseband will be unlocked, the phone jailbroken.
iPod touch 1G (Original iPod Touch): Use PwnageTool to create a firmware image and restore with that .ipsw using iTunes.
iPod touch 2G: Sorry, no support at this time within PwnageTool, use Redsn0w for an earlier (pre 3.1) firmware release instead.
iPod touch 3G (New iPod Touch): Sorry, no support at this time within PwnageTool.
You can download PwnageTool 3.1 in our utilities page.
Apple released new iPhone 3.1 and iPod Touch 3.1.1 firmwares. Here is a quick changelog:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
iPhone OS 3.1 is available and is a free download for iPhone customers. iPod Touch users already running iPhone OS 3.0 can update to 3.1.1 for free. iPod Touch users running earlier firmware versions can upgrade to OS 3.1.1 for $4.95.
Users of jailbreaked and unlocked devices - do not update, wait for utilities updates!!
The Environmental Working Group (
Apple’s iPhone 3G has a maximum SAR of 1.39 W/kg when held at the ear. You can compare that to the 1.19 W/kg SAR for the iPhone 3GS. The lower the SAR the safer the phone is. The best phone was the Samsung Impression which had a max radiation of just 0.35 W/kg.
“The FCC limit for the head (SAR of 1.6 W/kg) is just two-and-a-half times lower than the level that caused behavioral changes in animals (SAR of 4 W/kg),” says the representative. “Thus, the brain receives a high exposure, even though the brain may well be one of the most sensitive parts of human body … and should have more protection.”
Here is a list of EWG’s top 10 phones, based on low and high emissions: