News tagged ‘айпод’
This is one of the most interesting applications for IPhone.
Dynolicious is an all-purpose automotive performance meter, utilizing the built-in accelerometer in the iPhone and iPod touch to record your driving characteristics. BunsenTech, the makers of the software, claim that it can record 0-60 times within .08 of a second, accurately estimate your current speed and monitor and record any directional G force. The system seeks to perform nearly every function of (much) more expensive dedicated monitoring units, which seems like an awfully tall order for a $12.99 piece of cellphone software.
Specifically, the Dynolicious software gives you:
- 0-60 MPH
- Other Speed Tests (0-10 MPH through 0-100 MPH in 10MPH increments)
- Quarter Mile Elapsed Time
- Quarter Mile Trap Speed
- Elapsed Time and Trap Speed for standard intervals (60', 330', 1/8 Mi, 1000')
- Lateral G's (current and peak)
- Braking G's (current and peak)
- Wheel Horsepower
- Estimated Engine Horsepower
- Realtime Speedometer and Graphs
- Realtime graphical skidpad display
- View results for latest test run or any saved run
- View averages based on vehicle, date, or modification
- Compare results between vehicles, dates, or before-and-after modifications
The new version of the popular
As seen in the video, controlling Mario is fairly natural, though quick turns and exact jumps are difficult to execute (playing Mario with the stock controls is often worse, though). Bomberman sort of works, but in that case—and many others—the old touch control overlay is much easier. Obviously none of these games were designed with tilt control in mind, but a surprising number are at least playable.
The big winners in Apple's new online App Store are gamemakers, who dominated sales in the week since the new iPhone 3G hit stores.
Seven of the top 10 paid applications, including the top five, were video games, led by Sega's Super Monkey Ball, a rolling racing game. Even among the free iPhone and iPod Touch applications, which include popular social networking sites like Facebook and the Internet radio service Pandora, the top title is Tap Tap Revenge, a rhythm game similar to Guitar Hero.
These 10 titles sold the best in the iTunes App Store:
- Super Monkey Ball (Sega) games
- Texas Hold 'Em (Apple) games
- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3-D (Vivendi) games
- Enigmo (Pangea Studios) games
- Tetris (EA) games
- iBeer (Hotrix) entertainment
- Recorder (Retronyms) utilities
- Solitaire (MobilityWare) games
- Units (Crossword Solutions) utilities
- Scrabble (EA) games
New version 126.96.36.199 of
188.8.131.52 fixes the Ipwner crash problem and 16xx errors. It will also fix the iPod ipswBuilder failure bug.
- Support for WinXP and Vista 32/64bit. Note Windows 2003/2008 server (Yes SERVER) are not supported neither is Windows 95 or Windows 3.11
- You MUST do a full uninstall of winpwn before installing the new version
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes ( Currently 7.7)
- WinPwn uses 300MB of ram at peak due to the ipsw being extracted in memory
- You must first click browse and load an IPSW to use WinPwn (i thought this was clear)
- For 2.0 only the *5A347_Restore.ipsw files are valid. The 345 image will not work
- If you see Failed to load image catalog/payload catalog, this is fine and won't cause problems
- If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix
- Cydia/XP/Writing root FS bug.
- Failed to remove ipsw directory after a ipswBuild failure.
- iPwner now only accepts custom ipsws.
- Remove 345 ipsw support. WinPwn only supports 347 2.0 ipsw's.
- Various other fixes.
Investment bank Piper Jaffray said Tuesday it believes Apple is readying new iPod and notebook products that will apply downward pressure to profit margins because they'll be priced more affordably, such as 13-inch MacBook that will fetch less than $1000.
"We believe there is an 80% chance Apple will introduce redesigned MacBooks and possibly new MacBook Pros at lower price points," he wrote. "Specifically, Apple may re-enter the $999 price point (currently $1099) with the MacBook, or test the $1,799 price point with the MacBook Pro (currently $1999)."
The Piper Jaffray analyst reiterated his Buy rating and $250 price target on shares of Apple.
Being a suite of command-line utilities, this release is meant primarily for developers. While you can certainly jailbreak (both 3G and first-gen) and unlock (first-gen) with it, it's not really something you want to try without reading the lengthy, detailed README. If you don't have the patience to do that, this release is not for you.
For users this news mean that quite soon there will be a new version of winpwn, supporting 2.0.
Cupertine California—July 21, 2008—Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2008 third quarter ended June 28, 2008.
Apple shipped 2,496,000 Macintosh computers during the quarter, representing 41% unit growth and 43% revenue growth over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 11,011,000 iPods during the quarter, representing 12% unit growth and 7% revenue growth over the year-ago quarter. Quarterly iPhone units sold were 717,000 compared to 270,000 in the year-ago-quarter.
The Company posted revenue of $7.46 billion and net quarterly profit of $1.07 billion, or $1.19 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $5.41 billion and net quarterly profit of $818 million, or $.92 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 34.8%, down from 36.9% in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 42% of the quarter’s revenue.
Not bad at all.
Now older IPhone users users can upgrade to firmware 2.0 and IPhone 3G users have a possibility to have jailbreaked IPhones. That is because PwnageTool 2.0 is released today. Download links are:
Just a reminder: this tool jailbreaks and unlocks older iPhones, and jailbreaks iPhone 3Gs and iPod Touches. No unlock for Iphone 3G yet. The supported firmware is 2.0 only. Platform is Mac OS.
If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to repare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ; if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Then re-run PwnageTool.
Reminder: as of right now, there are no apps out for 2.0. Over the next few days some will come out. So do not update yet if you have some favorite 1.1.x apps you are using! 2.0 will not run 1.1.4 apps
IPhone and IPhone3G do not support A2DP technology. Now they do
"A2DP is designed to transfer a uni-directional 2-channel stereo audio stream, like music from an MP3 player, to a headset or car radio." -
This device will work on iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPod nano, iPod Color and iPod Mini. The price is $62 at
- Bluetooth Version: Version 2.0 compliant, Class II
- Bluetooth Support profile: A2DP, AVRCP
- RF Frequency: 2.4GHz / 79 Channel / AFH
- Coverage Range: Bluetooth standard 33 feet (10 meters)
- Power Supply: DC 3.3V
DevTeam is working hard to release their PwnageTool 2.0. Today it became clear what it will be able to do:
- iPhone (1st Gen) with 2.0 - Activated, Unlocked & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).
- iPod Touch with 2.0 - Activated & Jailbroken, (with support for third party applications).
- iPhone (3G) with 2.0 - Activated, Jailbroken (with support for third party applications).
So no unlock for IPhone 3G. But, they promise to create the next version with support of unlock, bootneuter and etc for IPhone 3G. It just will take some time.
On Sunday, Apple sold its one millionth iPhone 3G, the company announced today. "iPhone 3G had a stunning opening weekend," said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. "It took 74 days to sell the first one million original iPhones, so the new iPhone 3G is clearly off to a great start around the world".
During its first weekend, iPhone and iPod touch customers downloaded more than 10 million applications from the new App Store. The groundbreaking App Store now has more than 800 native applications, including over 200 offered for free and more than 90 percent available for less than $10.
This is another simple Java GUI application for the IPhone/IPod from
This application can be installed through Installer. Just add the repository http://javaflavor.cocolog-nifty.com/apptapp/. The application can be found in Java section and is called JavaSysInfo. Or just download it here:
Note that JocStrap applications, including JavaSysInfo, currently require JocStrap, UICaboodle, JamVM, GNU Classpath, GNU Classpath Tools, Apache APR, libffi and BSD Subsystem. In most cases all this was installed during
- How to Port phoneME™ Advanced Software to Google Android, iPhone, OpenMoko, LiMO, and MoreHinkmond Wong (Sun Microsystems)
May 07, 14:50 - 15:50
- Dancing Duke on Your PlayStation Portable: Porting phoneME™ Software to PlayStation Portable Max Mu (Sun Microsystems); Kuo Wang (iaSolution Technology Limited)
May 08,19:30 - 20:20
- Extending Swing to Run Multitouch Applications (Multitouch Software)Michael Riecken (Trissential, LLC)
May 09,16:10 - 17:10
The objective of the phoneME project is to further expand the usage of Java™ Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME platform) technology in the mobile handset market. The goal in making these technologies available to the Mobile & Embedded Community is to reduce implementation variation, increase the rate of innovation and enable new devices to leverage the power of the Java ME platform.
Session Title: "How to Port phoneME™ Advanced Software to Google Android, iPhone, OpenMoko, LiMO, and More".
Session Abstract: "This presentation discusses how to port phoneME™ Advanced open source mobile platform software to the latest hot cell phone and embedded device environments such as Google-OHA, Android SDK, iPhone/iPod (touch) SDK, OpenMoko, and LiMO.
The objective of the phoneME project is to further expand the use of the Java™ Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME platform) in the mobile handset market through open source. The project scope includes a focus on the emerging next-generation phone segment with the phoneME Advanced software stack. This session concentrates on how to use the open-source phoneME Advanced project as the core Java virtual machine and libraries to enable the most-recent popular mobile development platforms to become Java technology-enabled. "
Make sure to attend this event and this sesson in particular. Hinkmond Wong is an expert from Sun Microsystems, who can answer many questions about IPhone, Java and more.