News tagged ‘tweak’
Recently Jay Freeman, better known as Saurik, creator of popular alternative store Cydia for jailbroken devices, claimed during the 360|MacDev conference that Cydia is coming to the Mac. Not surprising! Cydia is used by more than 10 million devices (about 10% of all iPhone users) and provides access to some amazing tweaks, apps and extensions of iOS. There are well over 30,000 packages available for iOS. The Cydia’s creator refers to that Cydia as a store for things that are not apps, but extensions of what iOS devices can do. Saurik feels like the same type of store would be useful for Mac OS X devices. That is why he created Mac Cydia, which will be available in some weeks. We don’t know exactly what kind of tweaks and apps could be sold into Cydia for Mac. Perhaps Cydia will be aimed at offering easy installation of themes, system mods and tweaks.
Boy Genius Report’s source claims that Apple almost completes the final field testing of a tweaked version of the iPhone 4, known as "iPhone3,2", which is expected to be the Verizon or CDMA-compatible iPhone 4 model. The iPhone3,2 will have similar SIM card slot to iPhone 4 slot, which is not suitable for CDMA phone. Perhaps, Apple is going to release model, which will provide support for both GSM and CDMA and will be compatible with all carriers. The source also reports that the fifth-generation iPhone has entered the "engineering verification test" stage, which the CDMA-based iPhone 4 completed in May.
DisplayOut, is a a very powerful little jailbreak tweak that lets you output anything that’s on your iDevice’s screen to a TV. The folks over at iSpazio gave it a try today and unsurprisingly, it works just great with FaceTime.
As you’ll see in their video, it scales very well and besides the sound issues due to the iPhone’s limited connectivity (which could be worked around), it looks like a totally viable alternative to those entreprise video-conferencing solutions some companies are spending big dollars on these days.
Your Mac or MacBook's in the next room, and the speakers are still up. You know this because its dings and squawks wake you up. You can silence your Mac from any iOS device in one click with this setup.
Twitter, a wildly popular social networking service, now has its own official iPhone app that was released in AppStore.
The release of the Twitter app falls in line with the company’s announcement last month about its acquisition of Atebits’ Tweetie. Twitter had then stated that Tweetie would be re-branded to be the official Twitter app and would be offered for free.
Tweetie is now Twitter! We didn’t just do a name change, we’ve added a bunch of new stuff
- Search has been reorganized, now you can search all tweets and find users in the same spot, view
- Top Tweets and Browse Suggested users.
- Search results now include Top Tweets, try it with Trends…winner combo!
- You can now use Twitter without an account! Search, Browse uses, view trends and top tweets.
- Sign-up is now availabile within the application as well, complete with Suggested user list.
- More tab has been re-organized to accomplish all this. Users with one account can add a second account under the Accounts and Settings button here.
- Actions we’ve found people use most, like Retweet have been moved to the main actions bar.
- Minor tweaks were made to tweet rendering so they match Twitter.com tweets
Here are several screenshots of this app:
Need For Speed Shift is a wonderful game that recently appeared in AppStore. Many users want to customize and enhance their cars, but they need a lot of money for that. Now users of jailbreaked iPhones can use a money patch from Cydia, that will solve this problem with $6 000 000.
The steps to install the patch are very simple and fast:
- open Cydia and add еру repository http://repo.beyouriphone.com
- after refresh install Need For Speed Shift $ 6M Cheat!
- start the game and we enjoy all the money available!
Please take a look at http://wedding-advices.com/.
Musicbar is a new Tweak from user Gi-Lo that lets you control the music from the StatusBar.
Operation is very simple: install the tweak via Cydia and run it via a tap on the name of your operator. Now we can control the playback directly from the StatusBar.
HTC Cydget is a nice theme for the lockscreen that can be set by Cydget, the new application from Saurik.
As you can see from the images, this tweak transforms the classic lockscreen to an HTC clock. The app is avaliable via Cydia.
We have seen a video from Verizon named iDon't and an ansfer from iPhone fans - the video named iDon't Care. Here's a new one, called iCan. It describes what a jailbreaked iPhone can do:
Here is the list of apps for that:
- Can be customized: using Winterboard
- I can run applications simultaneously: thanks to Backgrounder and Kirikae
- I can always use the tethering: thanks to the tweaks available in Cydia
- I call with Skype on 3G network: using VoiceOver3G or 3GUnrestrictor
- Support an open development: with applications to be released via Cydia
Nice, isn't it?
Here is a new concept video showing Exposé in action on the iPhone.
Through the Home button we can see all the different windows of the springboard and move quickly with a single click. What do you think?
iPhone VM is a new tweak available in Cydia that allows to free some iPhone memory by creating a swap file. iPhone VM 2 is providing similar functionality.
Here are the differences between the two: iPhone VM creates a 256MB swap file. While iPhone VM 2 creates a 64MB dynamic swap file that can become bigger if needed.
There are some users who still prefer the old iPhoneVM and others who are better with iPhone VM 2. The installation of iPhone VM 2 provides automatic uninstall for the previous version.
iPhone VM 2 can be installed in Cydia through this repository: http://repo.beyouriphone.com.
iPhone VM is a new tweak available in Cydia that allows to free some iPhone memory by creating a swap file. Keep everything in RAM rather than open apps all the time might increase the performance in terms of speed.
iPhoneVM can be installed in Cydia through this repository: http://repo.beyouriphone.com.
Apple today released iTunes 9.0.1, a minor point update to their iTunes 9. Bug fixes and tweaks will help those who were suffering from iTunes 9 issues. The update's fixes include:
- Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
- Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
- Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
- Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
- Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
- Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
- Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.
Jailbreak'ers - do not worry, everything works just fine.
iPodPop is a quite useful tweak. It's purpose is simple - it allows to call and use the iPod controls from any application running, avoiding the interruption of our work and / or game.
The iPod controls apper with double-tap of the Home button. In Settings we can decide whether to activate or not the tweak. iPodPop is compatible with firmware 3.0 and is available via Cydia (BigBoss repository).
GPower is a nice utility available in Cydia. With GPower we have the shut-off screen with 3 different operations, instead of the classic single switch off slide:
As you can see, hold down the button on / off and you'll see two additional slides: one in green (for the restart) and another in gray (for respring). Tweak is localized in English only and can be found in Cydia, category "System", repository BigBoss.