Top 10 sellers in AppStore
The big winners in Apple's new online App Store are gamemakers, who dominated sales in the week since the new iPhone 3G hit stores.
Seven of the top 10 paid applications, including the top five, were video games, led by Sega's Super Monkey Ball, a rolling racing game. Even among the free iPhone and iPod Touch applications, which include popular social networking sites like Facebook and the Internet radio service Pandora, the top title is Tap Tap Revenge, a rhythm game similar to Guitar Hero.
These 10 titles sold the best in the iTunes App Store:
- Super Monkey Ball (Sega) games
- Texas Hold 'Em (Apple) games
- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3-D (Vivendi) games
- Enigmo (Pangea Studios) games
- Tetris (EA) games
- iBeer (Hotrix) entertainment
- Recorder (Retronyms) utilities
- Solitaire (MobilityWare) games
- Units (Crossword Solutions) utilities
- Scrabble (EA) games
Follow us on