The Fifth Generation iPhone Rumor Roundup
The iPhone 4 was launched more than seven months ago. So it’s time for rumors about the next-generation Apple’s handset. Let’s imagine what we may expect from iPhone 5:
- First of all, the next-gen iPhone might start provide support for NFC (a short-range high frequency wireless communication technology which enables the exchange of data between devices over about a 10 centimeter (around 4 inches) distance). This topic began after Apple hired an NFC expert last year. Some of mobile handsets, including the latest version of Android, already support NFC.
- Facial recognition. Apple’s purchase of facial recognition software developer Polar Rose could suggest some new security feature or iPhoto-like tagging in the iOS Photos app.
- Improved search and voice commands.
- Expected that the iPhone 5 will be equipped with the Qualcomm wireless communication chipsets to accommodate both CDMA and GSM needs, and a new multi-core A5.
- Apple could upgrade the iPhone’s GPU from the POWERVR SGX535 to the OpenCL-capable POWERVR SGX543.
- Predicted that the camera of the next-gen iPhone will be 8 MP and capable of 1080p video recording, though, it’s doubtful.
Follow us on