AdMob: iPhone is The Most Popular Smartphone Worldwide
Recently AdMob revealed a new metrics report that studied the numbers of iPhone OS and Adroid devices throughout the world. The company emphasized it was looking only at the devices that were at least once connected to the AdMob network:
"These unique device numbers are from the AdMob network only and reflect the adoption of our products and business operation. We don’t know what percentage of the total universe of iPhone and Android devices AdMob reaches. However we believe the data is useful on a relative basis given the large sample size of devices in our network."
So here are the main facts and conclusions along with figures:
- AdMob counted 40.8 million of iPhone OS devices worldwide (while Apple reportedly sold more than 85 million devices).
- If roughly every second purchased Apple mobile device had been utilized, it may be suggested that they have very short lifespan.
- The iPod touch and iPad share in iPhone OS devices is still so big, that if Android phone sales overtake the iPhone, Apple will still have a large market of iPhone devices for developers to target.
- Every second iPhone device is situated outside the US:
- 75% of Android devices are in North America:
- The most popular smartphone in the world is iPhone:
Follow us on