Apple to Announce Next-Gen iPhone in August, Release to Come in September?

According to the latest report released by usually reliable KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the guys from Cupertino may officially announce the next-generation iPhone in August and release the device in September. This report goes in line with the rumors, which appeared earlier this week suggesting that Apple may change its usual update cycle and release the new iPhone model or models in August instead of September. It should be noted, however, that Apple has never organized any media events devoted to new product launches in August, so this may be the first time.

According to KGI analyst Kuo Ming-chi (who has a notoriously good track record regarding Apple predictions), the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will be officially introduced in August. The devices will then hit the shelves nearly one month later in September. Reportedly, Foxconn has a high yield rate for the assembly of the next iPhones, which will allow the company to secure 60-to-70% of all the iPhone 6s & 6s Plus orders.

Kuo also stated that the new 4.7-inch iPhone 6s model will make about 66% of all shipments this year and that the remaining 34% will be occupied by the 5.5-inch iPhone 6s Plus.

The next-gen iPhone will feature a 14-nanometer A9 processor, 2GB of RAM and a new 12-megapixel camera. As to the design of the handset, it will most likely remain the same.

[via G For Games]


Follow us on Twitter:     

| |


Leave a comment

Written by Andrey

Friday, May 22, 2015. 18:57

Leave a Reply

You can login with iPhoneRoot account here.