Scott Forstall, Apple's senior vice president, demonstrates text and images copy/paste functionality in future iPhone OS 3.0.
Apple has posted the video of iPhone OS 3.0 Preview Event. Watch it
Here is a video from googletalks, where Arno Puder speaks about using Java for developing iPhone apps.
The data, covering one week and provided by Headlight Software, showed no one on 1.x, less than 2% total on 2.0.x, less than 7% on 2.1.x, 26.61% on 2.2, and a whopping 65.49% on the current firmware, 2.2.1 released January 27.
So two-thirds on the latest/greatest firmware, just over a quarter on the previous release. This meants iPhone users try to keep their firmware up to date.
Our sponsor: http://3d-land.net/3D_category/sofas/
Kevin Rose, the founder of Digg, shared his thoiughts about upcoming iPhone OS 3.0. The breakdown of unconfirmed rumors:
- cut and paste in 3.0
- no video recording
- no MMS
- no multitasking
- all Palm Pre functionaliity will be added (contradics with previous statement)
The cut and paste functionality will be:
- Users magnify or double tap a word to bring up cut and paste
- Pinch "boundaries" to select word(s); Rose called them "copy boundaries"
- Then you get option to cut, paste or copy
Watch the video:
Do you remember this video: Blackberry vs Apple. Here is an answer to that, where Apple smash blackberry:
Engadget has just posted:
"We just got the announcement, iPhone OS 3.0 is coming. Set your clocks, mark your calendars. It's going down March 17th. Apparently, we'll get a sneak peak at the new OS, as well as a look at a brand new version of the SDK."
The event will take place at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time on Tuesday March 17th in the intimate setting of the Apple Town Hall.
Today Google launched a new Image Search results page for iPhone, iPod touch and Android in the US, the UK and Japan.
With the new Image Search results, you can easily scan up to 20 images on a single results page and get the details for images that interest you. From the details page, you can view a larger thumbnail, visit the web page containing the image, or view the image by itself in full size. The new results page also supports "search-by-style" filters, which allow you to restrict your search results to people's faces, clip art, line drawings, or photo content.
To try it yourself, go to
You can update via software update in iTunes or just download it
Here is the read me information:
iTunes 8.1 is now faster and more responsive. You will enjoy noticeable improvements when working with large libraries, browsing the iTunes Store, preparing to sync with iPod or iPhone, and optimizing photos for syncing.
In addition, iTunes 8.1 provides many other improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation)
- Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ
- Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows
- Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs
- Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods
- Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus
- Includes many accessibility improvements
- Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls
iBluetooth, the world first application that enables the file transfer via Bluetooth on your iPhone, is finally here! You can install it from Cydia (iSpazio Repository).
Clippy is an iPhone addition from Cydia for copy/paste functionality. It was updated to version 0.96-1. Many issues are resolved and a lot of bugs fixed. Among these are: the ability to copy text from Safari, the ability to copy text from messages or biteSMS and Fix for the Mail application, many different crashes, etc.
- Press-and-hold on list items to invoke Clippy on static text
- Press-and-hold on the keyboard's "123" button to invoke Clippy on editable text
- Tap-pause-and-drag to highlight portions of editable text (except in web pages)
Install from Cydia on a jailbreaked iPhone or iPod Touch.
Here are several photos that show how Clippy works:
DevTeam has announced that iPod Touch 2G is finally jailbreaked.
The raw patch to the firmware that transforms the “tethered” jailbreak into an untethered one was released
Grab Sudoku is a beautiful application in AppStore (
The characteristics of this application does not end there. You can also hit a "solve" button and get the answer. You can also take pictures of different sudoku, save them and play whenever you want.
The video below gives a quick demonstration:
3-D Vector Ball is basically a 3D ping pong. There is a multiplayer mode, where you can play with your friends over wi-fi. Watch the video:
The app is 0.99 in AppStore (