News tagged ‘jailbreak’
- resolves compatibility issues related to PPC (Mac OS X)
- adds Icy
Use with caution and be patient. If you're not in a hurry, wait for the release from DevTeam.
These are the first images of a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS. GeoHotz published them in his blog. DevTeam will publish an updated release of the tool only after the release of firmware 3.0.1. The reason is simple: Given that the Firmware 3.0 is full of bugs, it is clear that Apple will release an update soon. If the DevTeam release new tool, Apple will probably be able to block them with the next update. Tomorrow afternoon we will find more details on the official DevTeam blog. By the way firmware 3.0.1 is scheduled to be released in July.
And after the various Key and provocations made by GeoHotz, the DevTeam has decided to write a new article on the official blog with good news for all owners of an iPhone 3GS! The DevTeam has verified that the exploit called 24Kpwn (used for the first time to unlock the iPod Touch 2G) is still valid and it works wonderfully for iPhone 3GS.
It seems the new version of bootrom used by Apple in 3GS dates back in August, a few months before the release of 24Kpwn, so there was no time to solve the problem.
In addition, the new daemon released by the team under the name of ultrasn0w (unlock for iPhone 3G) will work with iPhone 3GS.
The results below show that:
- most users (66%) use firmware 2.2.1,
- only 1 of 4 users installed the new 3.0 firmware,
- 7.3% of iPhone and iPod Touch owners performed jailbreak.
Then scroll down to the Tethering & Internet Settings, then choosing your country and provider. This works for both AT&T and T-Mobile, and will let you install the appropriate configuration. Just be careful though, that AT&T doesn't officially sponsor this and might charge you extra for using tethering while you're not supposed to.
And if this disables visual voicemail on your phone, just go and reset your network settings, and it should be fixed. If that doesn't work, try updating your phone with an older version of the AT&T carrier settings.
KEY: 44514633CE2AEAD62BCFA8836CDA4A3C KEY: 44514633CE2AEAD62BCFA8836CDA4A3C
and a little more...
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone using redsn0w (this will also install Cydia)
- Run Cydia
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
RedSn0w is an easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking (iPhone 2G only) tool from DevTeam. It supports firmware 3.0 and iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G (but not the 3GS) and also the iPod touch (first and second generation):
DevTeam released PwnageTool for firmware 3.0. Here is the list of supported deviced:
- iPhone 2G - jailbreak and unlock
- iPhone 3G - only jailbreak, use only with official unlocked iPhones
- iPod Touch - jailbreak
- iPod Touch 2G - not supported, use redsn0w
- iPod Touch 3GS - not supported
If you are using a 3G iPhone with yellowsn0w and rely on yellowsn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should NOT use PwnageTool right now. Ultrasn0w is not included with this release and therefore your baseband will be locked and unable to use an operator other than the official one it was bought for. Ultrasn0w will be release via APT (cydia and icy) soon (update: Ultrasn0w released). If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.0 unlock works with this PwnageTool release.
Yellowsn0w in its current form will NOT work with the baseband version that is present in the 3.0 update, you will need Ultrasn0w, which will be released sometime soon, Ultrasn0w will work with all iPhone 3G models (but not 3GS), even ones that were previously unlockable, Ultrasn0w will be released via APT (this means you can get it via Cydia or Icy).
PwnageTool will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS. PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch (1st Generation) and the iPhone 3G.
You can donwload PwnageTool 3.0 here.
iPhone OS 3.0 is now available. Update via iTunes (you need 8.2) or download here. Firmwares are avaliable for all devices: iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch and iPod Touch 2G. Here is a
Do not upgrade if you want jailbreak and/or unlock. Just wait for DevTeam to release their software.
Here is a list of 113 new features in 3.0 firmware. The information is from hackint0sh site forum:
3. Shake to undo/redo typing
4. Text selection for easy mass deletion
6. Landscape keyboard in Notes
7. Landscape keyboard in Mail
8. Landscape keyboard in Messages
9. Forward texts or picture messages
10. Delete individual texts or picture messages