News tagged ‘jailbreak’
Geohot has posted the first screenshot of his blacksn0w baseband 05.11.07 unlock for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The unlock which will be run after completing a jailbreak with the blackra1n jailbreak is expected to be released on November 4th.
This new baseband appeared in firmware 3.1. So all users who own locked iPhone can unlock it and use with any cellular provider. Users who have upgraded to firmware 3.1 or 3.1.2 by mistake can also use blacksn0w.
BlackSn0w will be released November 4.
So he managed to take control of the baseband, running the code written directly by himself. This measns that soon all users of locked OTB iPhones with firmware 3.1 and 3.1.2 will be able to unlock ther devices.
The new project is called blacksn0w.
Apple just released an update to iTunes, bringing the latest version to 9.0.2.
iTunes 9.0.2 adds support for Apple TV software version 3.0, adds an option for a dark background for Grid View, and improves support for accessibility.
You can download iTunes
We have seen a video from Verizon named iDon't and an ansfer from iPhone fans - the video named iDon't Care. Here's a new one, called iCan. It describes what a jailbreaked iPhone can do:
Here is the list of apps for that:
- Can be customized: using Winterboard
- I can run applications simultaneously: thanks to Backgrounder and Kirikae
- I can always use the tethering: thanks to the tweaks available in Cydia
- I call with Skype on 3G network: using VoiceOver3G or 3GUnrestrictor
- Support an open development: with applications to be released via Cydia
Nice, isn't it?
This version provides a tethering jailbreak for the new iPhone 3GS with the updated Bootrom. GeoHot lists these new features on his blog:
- Fixed 3G issues
- Tethered jailbreak for 3.1 OOTB ipt 8GB and new 3GS units
- Fixed Icy issues
- Both Windows and Mac
You can download BlackRa1n
Here's a little guide that allows you to enable tethering on the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.1.2. A hack that changes the CommCenter is used. It eliminates the need for a digital signature.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial:
1. First start Cydia and search for "iphone-notes". Install this repository and return to the tab "Search".
2. Now look for "tethering 3G - 3.1.2" or "tethering 3GS - 3.1.2" depending on the model of your device and install the package.
3. Restart the iPhone and then connect to the site www.unlockit.co.nz directly on the iPhone to create a custom APN. Create and install the profile.
After you restart you should see the field "Tethering" in the Settings.
iH8sn0w has just released a new teaser video showing Sn0wbreeze, application for Windows that would basically be a clone of PwnageTool, equipped with the ability to create custom firmware and unlock the various devices.
Many users believe that Sn0wbreeze is just "fake,".. Hopefully iH8sn0w did found an exploit and will finish Sn0wbreeze soon.
Let's watch the video:
This is great, because developers can completely eliminate the Lite version, creating only a limited free version with full function unlock through an in-app purchase. All this is also intended to provide greater security for developers.
MuscleNerd, a member of the iPhone Dev Team, noted this is the first time ever that Apple has done a BootROM update in the middle of a product line, without a new hardware model. The Dev Team is a group of hackers who release tools used to exploit the iPhone OS. With the new iBoot hackers will not be able to use "24kpwn" exploit.
This means that anyone who will buy an iPhone 3GS these days, will not be able to jailbreak and unlock it, probably for a very long time.
- These analytics show roughly 4 million jailbreak devices, 38% of which are using pirated app(s) (aka cracked apps).
- Piracy is highest in China, Russia, and Brazil, with Europe and Canada being the mid-ground, and the USA, Great Britain, and Japan having the lowest rates.
- Of paid apps that use Pinch Media’s services, 60% have been pirated.
- Of those pirated apps, 34% of all installs are the pirated version.
- Like legitimate app downloads, pirated apps are used a lot at first, but drop off quickly (more quickly than legitimate app usage, in fact).
- Pirated apps on jailbroken iPhones crash more, which may be why they’re used less.
- Those who claim to use pirated apps as a way to “try before they buy” are full of it. While 7.4% of legitimate “Lite” app downloads up-convert to the paid version, only 0.43% of pirated apps lead to purchase of the legitimate paid version.
You can read the
DevTeam just released PwnageTool 3.1.4. It allows users to jailbreak firmware 3.1.2 on iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod Touch 1G/2G. It also supports OTB iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.1.x. We remind you that if you need unlock, do not update on regular 3.1.x firmware, use Pwnagetool to create custom firmware to preserve old baseband.
Here is a quick howto:
- Factory Unlocked iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS: You do not need unlock, just use PwnageTool to create an ipsw and then use this to update and jailbreak your phone.
- iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS: if you need unlock, use PwnageTool to create a custom firmware with an old baseband. Then update using created custom firmware and install ultrasw0w via Cydia to unlock.
- iPhone 2G: Use PwnageTool to do the magic and then restore with iTunes using your newly created .ipsw.The baseband will be unlocked, the phone jailbroken.
- iPod Touch 1G: Use PwnageTool to create a firmware image and restore with that .ipsw using iTunes.
- iPod Touch 2G: You must already be jailbroken in order to use PwnageTool. If so, create a firmware image and restore with that .ipsw using iTunes.
- iPod Touch 3G: No support yet.
There is only a MAC version of PwnageTool. DevTeam doesn't plan to create Windows version.
The software will be able to create a custom firmware 3.1.2 to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch and iPod Touch 2G. As stated everything would be ready soon and the tests performed were positive.
MuscleNerd, the member of Dev-Team, created a nice post on twitter saying that ultrasn0w, the program that lets you unlock the iPhone 3G/3GS, functions just great with firmware 3.1.2. However you need to preserve baseband 04.26.08.