News tagged ‘test’
Dropbox is a very useful and popular application. It has already received 75,000 downloads. However it requires firmware 3.1 due to the usage of some API's for video upload and download.
Good news for anyone who wanted to test the application Dropbox but was stopped by the firmware compatibility. A new version compatible with 3.0 will be released soon. It has already been sent to Apple and will be available in a few days. We will keep you informed.
The DevTeam has just released Pwnage Tool 3.1-3, the new version of the tool for Mac OS that lets you run the jailbreak on iPhones and iPod Touch with firmware 3.1. The new version adds limited support for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G. It still works with iPhone 2G (EDGE), iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G.
The iPhone 3GS is now supported in PwnageTool 3.1.3, assuming the phone was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1 - PwnageTool does not support the 3GS out of the box. If your iPhone 3GS has 3.1 preinstalled and is not Pwned then there is no tested jailbreak solution at the moment.
The iPod 2G is now supported in PwnageTool 3.1.3, assuming the iPod 2G was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1 - PwnageTool does not support the iPod 2G with 3.1 software out of the box.
You can download in Pwnage Tool 3.1-3 here.
Want to know some more about Apple’s upcoming iTablet device? There are many rumor names (iTablet, iPad, MacBook Touch, etc), but not much details. Site ilounge claim to receive some new rumors from a reliable source:
- Apple has created at least three separate prototypes of its tablet computer.
- Version 1 was designed with a 7” screen, which was judged to be too small. The latest version has a 10.7” screen.
- It runs iPhone OS.
- There have been reports that it looks like an iPhone. They’re sort of true. It looks like an iPhone 3G, complete with a curved back.
- It will come in two different variations: one with 3G networking capabilities, and one without 3G networking capabilities. Think of the 3G version as a bigscreen iPhone 3GS, and the non-3G version as a bigscreen iPod touch.
- Screen resolutions will obviously jump considerably from the iPhone and iPod touch 480x320-pixel displays, enabling easy reading of full-sized book and magazine pages, plus cropped newspaper pages. Expect something like 5-6 times the resolution of an iPod touch or iPhone screen (720p or thereabouts) and 7 times the touchable surface area.
- It is designed to expand the iPhone and iPod touch media concept to its next potential level: as a slate-like replacement for books and magazines, plus all of the media, gaming, app, and web functionality of the iPhone and iPod touch.
- It is not meant to compete with netbooks. It’s an iPhone OS media player and light communication device.
- Apple is currently planning to announce it on or before January 19, 2010, and to use an iPhone-like hype buildup period to start selling it in May or June.
- It is apparently awaiting a final green light from Steve Jobs; chances of it appearing in the market are believed to be 80% at this point.
Not bad. But still this is unofficial..
MacWorld performed several tests between all the Apple devices: iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 2G, iPod Touch 3G. Here are the results, all in one table:
Apple released new iPhone 3.1 and iPod Touch 3.1.1 firmwares. Here is a quick changelog:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
iPhone OS 3.1 is available and is a free download for iPhone customers. iPod Touch users already running iPhone OS 3.0 can update to 3.1.1 for free. iPod Touch users running earlier firmware versions can upgrade to OS 3.1.1 for $4.95.
Users of jailbreaked and unlocked devices - do not update, wait for utilities updates!!
Playing with the latest beta software for iPhone, one of iH8sn0w employees (firmware 3.1 beta 3 jailbreak utility), found that the expiry date for latest firmware is September 18.
Firmware 3.1 will be probably released 1 or 2 days before the expiration of the beta. This means that Apple might perform a release during the Apple event in September. However this event is dedicated to the music, so we cannot be sure.
The only certain knowledge is that by the middle of next month we will see either 3.1 beta 4 or 3.1 release.
The latest statistics provided by PinchMedia show that, despite the statements from Apple's official website, the phenomenon of Jailbreak is increasing.
In a single week in fact, it has gone from 8% to 8,43%. This is a small percentage which probably expresses the disappointment of users faced with some decisions of Apple, such as the refusal of the application Google Voice.
If you have updated AVG to the latest version, your antivirus may indicate the presence of a Trojan virus inside the iTunes directory. Files iTunes.dll and iTunesRegistry.dll are mistaken as Trojan horse Small.BOG.
This problem was found by many people, Apple support forum is full of similar reports. If you use Windows and have encountered the same problem, just wait for a patch to antivirus software and delete the iTunes directory from scanning with AVG.
Apple releases new iPod Touch / iPhone firmware - 3.1 beta 3, just couple weeks after firmware 3.1 beta 2. As usual it is only for and avaliable via
You can now copy/paste videos into email like pictures. Previously you could only use the share option which would compress the video to a lower resolution. New functionality was tested with a 33 second video clip (14.7MB), sent via gmail. The recieved file was 640×480 / 30fps. Sending the same file via the share function resulted in a size of 3.21MB and 480×320 / 30fps. Here is a video demo:
UPDATE: Firmware 3.1 Beta 3: What's new?
While the Palm Pre running webOS was initially able to sync directly with iTunes by presenting itself as an iPod. Later Apple disabled the functionality just last week with the release of iTunes 8.2.1.
The cat-and-mouse game between Apple and Palm continues today with release of Palm webOS 1.1. It brings many new features and improvements to the Palm Pre including restoration of iTunes media syncing. Here's a quote from
Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (8.2.1).
What's next, iTunes 8.2.2?
PS: There is another method to enable Palm sync with iTunes called doubletwist.
Solopalmari made a comparison between the 4 devices: iPhone 3GS, Nokia N97, HTC Touch Pro2 and HTC Hero. For each of these we will see a photo (click to zoom) and a video (download). For each device Solopalmari specialists calculated a rating based on test results. And the winner is.. let's see:
iPhone 3GS (Solopalmari camera rating 6.5):
You can also take a look at the video, download it
Apple is always against certain types of applications... Some call these apps "porn", others say "sexy". For example Apple removed Hottest Girls and Beauty Meter apps from AppStore and didn't give approval for Action Babes. In the same time it approves app with erotic content. Couple hours ago an app called "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2009" appeared in AppStore.
The application allows us to view a series of images of international super models. For each of these there is also a video clip of 2 minutes each. We can look at the pictures in SlideShow and rotate the iPhone 90° to see a small calendar.
Application cost is $2.99 (AppStore
In order to understand the true power of the new iPhone 3GS let's do some tests on the new Apple device using the Backgrounder. You have about 150MB of RAM free, so you can open several applications and games at the same time and get good results. Here's the list:
- Random Facts
- Google Apps
- Assassin's Creed
- Metal Gear Solid Touch
- Real Racing
Games listed above are among those that require a lot of resources. However, the device continued to function without major delays. Here is a video demonstration:
Here is another related video:
Read the rest of this entry »
Navigon has just released free version of their navigation application. Navigon MobileNavigator Lite includes the same range of functions as the full version, although no active route guidance with GPS support is available. In other words you have the maps and you can just browse without Turn-by-turn directions.
In US AppStore we were able to find and download Navigon MobileNavigator Lite North America. There are many different other apps in different AppStores. For example there is MobileNavigator British Isles in UK AppStore. Unfortunately there is no free Europe in one app.
Who still has not tested the Navigon can do it now. Good download.
The app is free, here are couple AppStore links:.
We continue to get videos on Worms game. It is expected to arrive to AppSore soon, but no exact dates yet.
Here's the latest video:
Worms is a very famous game. This version was designed exclusively for iPhone and iPod Touch and, according to developers, is similar to the PlayStation 3.