News tagged ‘sed’
InteVyDis has released an untethered jailbreak for A4 devices on iOS 5.1.1 as part of Vulndisco Mobile 1.7. The module is vd_ios_untether_5_1_1. It works by creating a custom bundle you have to install via RedSn0w. Evgeny Legerov posted in twitter:
vulndisco mobile 1.7 is out with untethered 5.1.1
This jailbreak is not free and costs big money. It works only on A4 devices - iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G. It is not yet tested by other hackers. So this might be fake. However famous hacker I01nc notes that the company is a legit source of exploits:
iPhone 5, when we will see it? This is one of the most frequent questions we're being asked these days.
Many useres want a new phone and don't want to get the current iPhone 4S if the next generation iPhone 5 (or whatever Apple decides to call it) is right around the corner.
In the past for the first four years of the iPhone's existence, Apple announced the release dates at their annual World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC) and shipped shortly thereafter. The original iPhone shipped on June 29, 2007. The iPhone 3G on July 11, 2008. The iPhone 3GS shipped on June 8, 2009. The iPhone 4 shipped on June 24, 2010.
Rumors have it that Apple is currently testing several next-generation iPhones, and two of these devices include a brand new display.
A few next iPhone prototypes are floating around Apple HQ in locked shells in order to hide their design from employees. And two of these devices, iPhone 5,2 and iPhone 5,1, are said to have larger display.
MuscleNerd from the iPhone Dev-Team has posted some details on the upcoming untethered jailbreak from pod2g.
- All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
- @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
- The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
- Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
- For those wishing to donate, we've set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
- Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
Xvolks has posted a video demonstrating the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak using the new yet unreleased utility Absinthe 2.0.
I've tested Absinthe v2 on my iPhone 4 GSM, iOS 5.1.1. It jailbroke it flawlessly. I've took a (bad) video of it
The video was later removed from the public, but you know there is nothing that can be hidden
Pod2g has recently announced in twitter that the untethered jailbreak of iOS 5.1.1 is just days away from release. This is great news for many iPhone, iPad and iPod users.
Thanks to awesome work of @planetbeing and @pimskeks, we're near ready for a release. Now it's a matter of days.
Here is the list of devices that are known to work for sure :
Aaron Sorkin, who created the Oscar-winning scenario for “The Social Network”, was recently confirmed by Sony Pictures as a screenwriter for upcoming film based on the biography of Steve Jobs.
This month Apple
Taiwan's The Liberty Times has recently reported that display makers LG Display and AU Optronics have passed certification tests for LCD panels bound for a rumored "iPad mini" and are now preparing shipments of the panels to Apple. The report also said that Radiant will supply the backlight module.
Author Chen Meiying said that, according to market rumors, the so-called "iPad mini" is expected to come out at the end of the third quarter or into the fourth quarter of this year. 2012 shipment targets were said to be six million units.
According to CNET’s
Senior Analyst in DisplaySearch Richard Shim said that a 15.4-inch Retina display with 2880x1800 resolution and 220 ppi density currently costs about $160, compared to the 68$ Apple spends on displays in current 15-inch MacBook Pro models.
Earlier this month, iLounge reported that Apple indeed plans to launch the next-generation iPhone with a 4-inch display. The company could increase the height of the screen not changing its width. The report also included the measurements of the rumoured device that allow Ciccarese Design to produce some higher quality mockups of what such a device might look like
As had been proposed in earlier speculation, a taller display could allow Apple to add one more row of icons to the iPhone's home screen, moving to five rows per page plus the row of pinned icons in the dock at the bottom of the screen.
The iPhone Dev-Team released RedSn0w 0.9.11b4 with support for the tethered jailbreak of A4 devices on iOS 5.1.1 - iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G.
Version 0.9.11b4 completes the tethered JB support for 5.1.1 on A4 devices and earlier, including proper "Stitching" and "Custom" creation of NO_BB IPSWs.
You can download RedSn0w 0.9.11b4 here.
iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak step-by-step tutorials are available here.
Apple released iOS 5.1.1 (build number 9B206) for iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone. This is a small update with several bugfixes and small improvements. Here is the official list of changes:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut.
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks.
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances.
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase.
And download links: