News tagged ‘sed’
Rumors have it that Apple is currently testing several next-generation iPhones, and two of these devices include a brand new display.
A few next iPhone prototypes are floating around Apple HQ in locked shells in order to hide their design from employees. And two of these devices, iPhone 5,2 and iPhone 5,1, are said to have larger display.
MuscleNerd from the iPhone Dev-Team has posted some details on the upcoming untethered jailbreak from pod2g.
- All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
- @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
- The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
- Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
- For those wishing to donate, we've set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
- Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
Xvolks has posted a video demonstrating the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak using the new yet unreleased utility Absinthe 2.0.
I've tested Absinthe v2 on my iPhone 4 GSM, iOS 5.1.1. It jailbroke it flawlessly. I've took a (bad) video of it
The video was later removed from the public, but you know there is nothing that can be hidden
Pod2g has recently announced in twitter that the untethered jailbreak of iOS 5.1.1 is just days away from release. This is great news for many iPhone, iPad and iPod users.
Thanks to awesome work of @planetbeing and @pimskeks, we're near ready for a release. Now it's a matter of days.
Here is the list of devices that are known to work for sure :
Aaron Sorkin, who created the Oscar-winning scenario for “The Social Network”, was recently confirmed by Sony Pictures as a screenwriter for upcoming film based on the biography of Steve Jobs.
This month Apple
Taiwan's The Liberty Times has recently reported that display makers LG Display and AU Optronics have passed certification tests for LCD panels bound for a rumored "iPad mini" and are now preparing shipments of the panels to Apple. The report also said that Radiant will supply the backlight module.
Author Chen Meiying said that, according to market rumors, the so-called "iPad mini" is expected to come out at the end of the third quarter or into the fourth quarter of this year. 2012 shipment targets were said to be six million units.
According to CNET’s
Senior Analyst in DisplaySearch Richard Shim said that a 15.4-inch Retina display with 2880x1800 resolution and 220 ppi density currently costs about $160, compared to the 68$ Apple spends on displays in current 15-inch MacBook Pro models.
Earlier this month, iLounge reported that Apple indeed plans to launch the next-generation iPhone with a 4-inch display. The company could increase the height of the screen not changing its width. The report also included the measurements of the rumoured device that allow Ciccarese Design to produce some higher quality mockups of what such a device might look like
As had been proposed in earlier speculation, a taller display could allow Apple to add one more row of icons to the iPhone's home screen, moving to five rows per page plus the row of pinned icons in the dock at the bottom of the screen.
The iPhone Dev-Team released RedSn0w 0.9.11b4 with support for the tethered jailbreak of A4 devices on iOS 5.1.1 - iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G.
Version 0.9.11b4 completes the tethered JB support for 5.1.1 on A4 devices and earlier, including proper "Stitching" and "Custom" creation of NO_BB IPSWs.
You can download RedSn0w 0.9.11b4 here.
iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak step-by-step tutorials are available here.
Apple released iOS 5.1.1 (build number 9B206) for iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone. This is a small update with several bugfixes and small improvements. Here is the official list of changes:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut.
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks.
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances.
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase.
And download links:
Joanna Stern from ABC News claims that not only the MacBook Pro family but also the iMac line is set to gain ultra high-resolution "Retina" displays.
The laptop will see the introduction of the “Mac Retina Display,” which is said to have a very high resolution. ABC News has similarly heard from its own sources that both the next MacBook Pro and the iMac would be getting very, very high-resolution displays. Apple refreshed its new iPad with a Retina Display in March.
It seems natural that Apple wants to move all its displays to the retina standard. But, it’s unclear, how Apple will implement the increased resolution given that most Macs already approach Retina resolution at typical viewing distances.
Apple released the new iOS firmware 5.0.1 (9B206f) for both Apple TV 2G and latest Apple TV 3G. The software update
You can find the download links below, or you can just hit the update version on your Apple TV.
AppleInsider’s source claims that Apple is said to be negotiating to acquire Loewe AG, a manufacturer and distributor of televisions, audio components and integrated entertainment systems. Loewe "has been advised by its financial advisor to accept the offer and a final decision is scheduled to be announced internally before 18 May 2012."
This person said Apple is confidentially offering 87.3 million euros (about $112 million U.S.), a slight premium over the firm's last closing share price of 4.519 euros (giving it a market cap of 58.79 million euros or $76 million U.S.). Loewe's primary shareholders currently include Sharp (28.83 percent) and LaCie (11.17 percent).
Loewe entered the TV market in 1929, and now employs around 1,000 workers worldwide in 50 countries. The company has seen its sales fall by 11 percent over the last year, generating a loss of 10.5 million Euro ($13.57 million USD) in 2011.