Today Apple released new iOS 4.3.3. It fixed the recently found tracking issue. New iOS 4.3.3 reduces the size of the tracking cache, doesn’t back it up to iTunes and turns it off when you tell it to turn off. Here are the direct download links:
Apple just released new iOS 4.3 firmware. Jailbreakers and unlockers should wait for new tools. Everybody else will benefit. iOS 4.3 has Safari speed improvements, AirPlay features, hotspot, Home sharing, a new option for customizing the iPad's side switch to serve as a mute toggle or screen orientation lock and much more:
This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
* Personal Hotspot
- Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
* iTunes Home Sharing
- Play music, movies, and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
* New AirPlay features
- Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
- Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
* HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
* Ping features
- Push notifications for comments and follow requests
- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
- Parental controls
* New Settings
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
* Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
* Bug fixes
Products compatible with the software update:
iPhone 4 (GSM model)
iPod touch (4th generation)
iPod touch (3rd generation)
Apple TV 2G
iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 4 Verizon do not have iOS 4.3 update.
DevTeam released PwnageTool 4.2 utility. It is able to create a custom IPSW that can perform an untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1. As usual it can preserve baseband version for unlockers. Devteam used the same method that was implemented in greenpois0n.
PwnageTool supports all 4.2.1 devices other than iPod touch 2G:
iPod touch 3G
iPod touch 4G
Jailbreak is even improved compared to GreenPois0n RC6:
Apple today has posted iOS 4.2.6 for Verizon iPhone on its servers for public download, where it listed as for iPhone 3,3, the identifier for the CDMA version of iPhone 4. The version checks in as Build 8E200. Possibly the firmware was launched for journalists who have reportedly received the devices to write reviews. The Verizon iPhone carried iOS 4.2.5 when it was demoed at the media event introducing the device earlier this month, so it appears that Apple has made some additional tweaks since that time. Those who hoping that iPhone 4 for Verizon would be released with the iOS 4.3 will no doubt be disappointed. Though, it is pretty likely that 4.3 is going to be ready quickly after launch of the device.
The iPhone Dev-Team has released RedSn0w 0.9.6b5 for unlockers stuck at the 05.14 or 05.15 basebands.
The new redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 is out. It gives both Windows and OSX users the ability to flash the iPad 06.15 baseband on iPhone3G or iPhone3GS. It fetches the baseband files directly from Apple for now (the only IPSW you ever point it at is the stock IPSW for the FW on your iPhone right now). There may be a long delay while it’s doing this (their servers are currently getting pounded).
Apple finally released iOS 4.2 for iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPad, iPod Touch 2G/3G/4G and even Apple TV 2G. Lot's of new features, especially for iPad. Apple calls new firmware 4.2, however the version is actually 4.2.1. Here are the download links:
Boy Genius Report’s source claims that Apple almost completes the final field testing of a tweaked version of the iPhone 4, known as "iPhone3,2", which is expected to be the Verizon or CDMA-compatible iPhone 4 model. The iPhone3,2 will have similar SIM card slot to iPhone 4 slot, which is not suitable for CDMA phone. Perhaps, Apple is going to release model, which will provide support for both GSM and CDMA and will be compatible with all carriers. The source also reports that the fifth-generation iPhone has entered the "engineering verification test" stage, which the CDMA-based iPhone 4 completed in May.